Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Grant writing guides

Registered
    Aug 2005

Grant writing guides

any suggestions of books that deal with grant writing? specifically for a novice grant writer.

thanks!!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

I've got "The Only Grant-writing book you'll ever need: An insider's guide" by Ellen Karsh and Arlen Sue Fox although it is from 2003, it seems to be quite comprehensive.

Registered
    Aug 2008
    I'd love to figure out how to apply for some of that $700 billion "bailout" package.

I wonder if it will be dibursed, as money has been in Iraq, by way of shrink wrapped bundles of $100 bills, an unaccounted number of which have disappeared right up the sleeves of untold numbers.

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally posted by julkins08 View post
    I've got "The Only Grant-writing book you'll ever need: An insider's guide" by Ellen Karsh and Arlen Sue Fox although it is from 2003, it seems to be quite comprehensive.
    That one's good. I'd also recommend Getting Funded by Mary Hall and Susan Howlett. The one above is a good descriptive how-to book, but Getting Funded includes scores of example documents for each stage in the application and proposal.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. First grant writing experiences
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 13 Jul 2010, 1:27 PM
  2. Grant writing
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 15 Oct 2009, 9:05 AM
  3. First grant writing experiences?
    Make No Small Plans