Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Summer undergrad research programs

Registered
    Oct 2005

Summer undergrad research programs

Hello guys,

I'm currently looking into doing some research for the summer in planning. I haven't succeeded in finding a program. I'm leaning more towards urban planning, sustainable development, or even tech and econn development...but because there aren't much if any progrms, I'll take any suggestions. Do you guys know of any summer research opportunities for urban planning?

     
    Registered
    Mar 2005
    The UC's (Irvine, Berkeley, LA) offer a "summer research opportunity" or something like that. I am not sure of the direct link to the info, but start here and it will lead you to it. Not sure if anyone can sign up or if you need to get in through a fellowship or something, but worth a look.

http://www.calstate.edu/PreDoc/cpdp_program.shtml

Quote Originally posted by egstud05
    Hello guys,

I'm currently looking into doing some research for the summer in planning. I haven't succeeded in finding a program. I'm leaning more towards urban planning, sustainable development, or even tech and econn development...but because there aren't much if any progrms, I'll take any suggestions. Do you guys know of any summer research opportunities for urban planning?

Registered
    Nov 2005
    why does it have to be research? i would suggest looking into working for a planning department or consulting firm, whether they pay you or not, even for just a few hours a week. even if you really want to do only research, you should still see how the planning world works at the ground level. i had three unpaid internships during undergrad, and while i had to work a separate (paying) job to pay the bills, the experience of working all over for a few hours a week was immensely helpful in landing my current position.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 09 Apr 2011, 8:03 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 11 Apr 2010, 8:18 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 02 Nov 2009, 8:15 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last post: 09 Feb 2008, 10:07 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last post: 11 Feb 2002, 2:29 PM