Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving Folks

Registered
    Jul 2002

Happy Thanksgiving Folks

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Enjoy your day off and the company of everyone.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    My best wishes to all.
    ZG is at her mother's stuffing the turkey and sticking it in the over. Thus, I get some play time here.

Registered
    Mar 2004

Let the Feast Preparations Begin

I'm in the kitchen. I just put some quiches in the oven for breakfast. (Recipe from ZG). I am starting the stuffing. It's a good day. Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You darn tootin', I like fig newtons!

Registered
    Feb 2000
    My car broke down south of Wichita and a good looking woman picked me up. She gave me a ride the rest of the way to Arkansas and let me spend the night at her house. We had a few beers on her porch and she offered me her bed. I accepted and commenced to fullfil my mission as a red blooded american boy. This morning she let me brew coffee and get on Cyburbia. Maybe it would be polite of me to figure out her name.

Happy Thanksgiving.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie
    My car broke down south of Wichita and a good looking woman picked me up. She gave me a ride the rest of the way to Arkansas and let me spend the night at her house. We had a few beers on her porch and she offered me her bed. I accepted and commenced to fullfil my mission as a red blooded american boy. This morning she let me brew coffee and get on Cyburbia. Maybe it would be polite of me to figure out her name.

Happy Thanksgiving.
    So sorry your car broke down that sucks...

Tell Law-Ree that we send our Turkey day Wishes!!!
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Yes, Happy Turkey Day everyone! I miss having my Thanksgiving in November... it used to kick off the holiday season for me.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Must.......not.....murder........father-in-law.......must......not.....kill.....
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Happy thanksgiving, y'all.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    heard a dog crying outside, the neighbors dog jumped into their pool and couldn't get out. Its 30° here . Beat on their door for 15 min. before they answered. All is well now. Time for more turkey

Happy T-day

Maister your FIL should meet my MIL

Registered
    Aug 2001
    ZG and her mother prepared and served a wonderful T-day meal.

ZG has two very attractive nieces. But they're teenagers. When I was in Jr. High and High School, females never looked like that.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Not as Planned

This Bear's Thanksgiving Day did not work out exactly as planned.

My sister-in-law called early in the morning. They had to cancel their trip. Heavy snow in their area east of Cleveland had closed many roads. They were stuck in their neighborhood, with no way out. (My brother, suffering from Ahlziemer's, can't drive anymore.....that's why they didn't try to "bust through".)

I still cooked the huge bird, passed on the ducks (at least for a few days). My son and his family came over and we still had a great time.

However.....

As I was doing my regular basting I was listening/watching television shows that had experts talking about cooking turkeys. One (1) expert said that the little thermometer in the turkeys sometimes does not work. I never had one (1) not work, until yesterday. It popped up at about the two (2) hour mark.

Luckily, I have a regular meat thermometer.

When the bird was done I pulled it out of the oven and turned off the oven. After getting some things ready, I prepared to place other goodies in the oven (while the turkey "set" the usual 45-minutes). The oven would not turn back on!

So.....I grabbed the electric roaster and we used the magic of the microwave and the electric roaster to complete the meal. (Probably a bad regulator.....the stove top burners all work fine, so it's still getting the gas.)

All very minor problems in the grande scope of things.

Happy Day After Turkey Day!

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Mom sent leftovers home with us so we had yummy turkey sandwiches last night. Personally, I think the only reason to cook that big meal is to get the leftovers.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    Mom sent leftovers home with us so we had yummy turkey sandwiches last night. Personally, I think the only reason to cook that big meal is to get the leftovers.
    Do you put cranberry sauce on your leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches?????? I do. It's the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You darn tootin', I like fig newtons!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by sisterceleste
    Do you put cranberry sauce on your leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches?????? I do. It's the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I didn't because I don't like cranberry sauce. Just turkey and mayo on white bread. Yummy

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 22 Nov 2012, 8:31 AM
  2. Hello folks
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 10
    Last post: 06 Aug 2008, 2:06 PM
  3. Hi Folks!
    Introduce Yourself