Urban planning community

Poll results: Will Bush lead us to intergalactic slaughter?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the Canuk is right! We're all gonna die in the Bajorian digimite mines.

5 20.00%
  • Maybe, it could be be a vast government conspiracy reaching to the highest levels.

2 8.00%
  • No, but he has pissed off most of the Trekies I know.

6 24.00%
  • Bush is the alien.

3 12.00%
  • No, and I don't like those damn kids and their Sci-Fi.

1 4.00%
  • Yes, But I'm in on it too so I can't say much.

5 20.00%
  • Don't get smart, as a student of intelligent design I can tell you man is the highest life form.

2 8.00%
  • Something completely different.

1 4.00%
+ Reply to thread

Thread: Canadian Big Shot, "Bush may piss off entire Universe!"

Registered
    Oct 2001

Canadian Big Shot, "Bush may piss off entire Universe!"

Quote Originally posted by Yahoo News
    Former Canadian Minister Of Defence Asks Canadian Parliament Asked To Hold Hearings On Relations With Alien "Et" Civilizations

Thu Nov 24, 7:00 AM ET

(PRWEB) - OTTAWA, CANADA (PRWEB) November 24, 2005 -- A former Canadian Minister of Defence and Deputy Prime Minister under Pierre Trudeau has joined forces with three Non-governmental organizations to ask the Parliament of Canada to hold public hearings on Exopolitics -- relations with “ETs.”

By “ETs,” Mr. Hellyer and these organizations mean ethical, advanced extraterrestrial civilizations that may now be visiting Earth.

On September 25, 2005, in a startling speech at the University of Toronto that caught the attention of mainstream newspapers and magazines, Paul Hellyer, Canada’s Defence Minister from 1963-67 under Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Prime Minister Lester Pearson, publicly stated: "UFOs, are as real as the airplanes that fly over your head."

Mr. Hellyer went on to say, "I'm so concerned about what the consequences might be of starting an intergalactic war, that I just think I had to say something."

Hellyer revealed, "The secrecy involved in all matters pertaining to the Roswell incident was unparalled. The classification was, from the outset, above top secret, so the vast majority of U.S. officials and politicians, let alone a mere allied minister of defence, were never in-the-loop."

Hellyer warned, "The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war without us ever having any warning. He stated, "The Bush administration has finally agreed to let the military build a forward base on the moon, which will put them in a better position to keep track of the goings and comings of the visitors from space, and to shoot at them, if they so decide."

Hellyer’s speech ended with a standing ovation. He said, "The time has come to lift the veil of secrecy, and let the truth emerge, so there can be a real and informed debate, about one of the most important problems facing our planet today."

Three Non-governmental organizations took Hellyer’s words to heart, and approached Canada’s Parliament in Ottawa, Canada’s capital, to hold public hearings on a possible ET presence, and what Canada should do. The Canadian Senate, which is an appointed body, has held objective, well-regarded hearings and issued reports on controversial issues such as same-sex marriage and medical marijuana....

Read the rest of the story here.
    It was not bad enough that George W. Bush has needlessly pissed off the entire Arab/Islamic world, now W is about to piss off Apophis, a powerful Goa'uld System Lord! Where is Cindy Sheehan now when we need her? Oh'

This is exactly the kind of crazy stuff that comes from a wacked out left of center media that has nothing left to fear. There is no penalty for tossing out a biased, crazy Bush bashing story anymore. Any nut job anywhere on earth can spout some anti-Bush rethoric and it gets covered. Hell this will be in the mainstream press in a few days. The guy could have ranted about aliens and Area 51 forever without getting any coverage, but the moment he drags W into it, it becomes a story! The press sucks.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    You mean that he's not going to stop with the planned forced annexation of Canada and Mexico and is now going to head into the Rigel system??? The *NERVE* of him!!!

Oh yea, where would Canada be today had it not been for ol' Lester and his wonderfull, compassionate, sensitive, far sighted and virtuous envy-of-the-world solves-everything-for-everyone-for-all-times public health care system???

Mike

Registered
    Jan 2005
    *shrug*

At face value he's a nutter. All the better he is exposed.

As for the news story, it's completely whacked. They're pulling threads from all over the place that have, at best, tenuous relationships. I'm still puzzled about how exactly (not to mention why) the missile shield topic got thrown into the ring in that article...

I think you jumped on it a bit fast with your outrage though. To me it seems the article hit the press because it was RIDICULOUS. It's not a slam against Bush, its a circus show of UFO freaks. Liberal media bias or simply hilarity? You can't be serious in saying that you consider this a genuine liberal media bias to discredit Bush. It's tone does not support that interpretation at all. I read STRONG tones of skepticism and incredulity on the part of the journalist.

mgk920 Winks and public health care? Huh? Yeah that public health care sure is wink-worthy... *puzzled*

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by abrowne
    I think you jumped on it a bit fast with your outrage though. To me it seems the article hit the press because it was RIDICULOUS. It's not a slam against Bush, its a circus show of UFO freaks. Liberal media bias or simply hilarity? You can't be serious in saying that you consider this a genuine liberal media bias to discredit Bush. It's tone does not support that interpretation at all. I read STRONG tones of skepticism and incredulity on the part of the journalist.
    I agree, the press went with it for the same reason you posted it, it's crazy and folks like crazy. {what's that funny bright light outside?}
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Apr 2005
    You come up with some crazy polls in the evening sometimes eG. Lay off the Tequila, wil ya ?
    "The current American way of life is founded not just on motor transportation but on the religion of the motorcar, and the sacrifices that people are prepared to make for this religion stand outside the realm of rational criticism." -Lewis Mumford

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by el Guapo
    It was not bad enough that George W. Bush has needlessly pissed off the entire Arab/Islamic world, now W is about to piss off Apophis, a powerful Goa'uld System Lord!
    Let me get this straight: We care what Apophis thinks? Isn't he Bad News no matter what???!!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Complaints about sabre rattling from Canada? Let's not forget that this is one of the most belligerent and expansionist powers on this planet. Wasn't it just a month ago they were threatening war against poor little Denmark? How quickly we forget the annexation of peaceful Nunavut just a few years ago; perhaps the largest land grab since the end of the colonial era. I've heard that they have fitted Canada geese with high resolution cameras and are even now gathering intelligence on US defensive positions in the Dakotas. I'm sure they would love for us to give up our alien technologies, which are our only defense against the Maple Leaf Horde.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Cardinal
    Complaints about sabre rattling from Canada? Let's not forget that this is one of the most belligerent and expansionist powers on this planet. Wasn't it just a month ago they were threatening war against poor little Denmark? How quickly we forget the annexation of peaceful Nunavut just a few years ago; perhaps the largest land grab since the end of the colonial era. I've heard that they have fitted Canada geese with high resolution cameras and are even now gathering intelligence on US defensive positions in the Dakotas. I'm sure they would love for us to give up our alien technologies, which are our only defense against the Maple Leaf Horde.
    And those geese have been taking over our parks, golf courses and even entire suburbs!!! I tellya, it's just a honking traffic jam in the sky in these parts these days!

I say that it's time for *ALL OUT WAR!!*

Mike

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Hey, uhm... you know, if that war thing ever gets going... would you mind killing OUR geese, too?

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    I hope that the borg assimilates the hoser who wrote the article.
    Invest in the things today, that provide the returns tomorrow.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by abrowne
    Hey, uhm... you know, if that war thing ever gets going... would you mind killing OUR geese, too?
    Kill all the geese and the ducks, too. They make a mess of golf courses.
    I think that one of the great signs of security is the ability to just walk away.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Seems like a pretty sound and moderate view to me. He's just trying to see the Big Picture. I find that people who are able to see the big picture are often ridiculed and ostracized. For instance, I was explaining to some people on the bus the other day that what's wrong with this world is our reliance on pocket calculators. They have replaced our ability to think and the government (in cooperation with Big Business) has planted tiny transmitters into these these things and it allows Them to subliminally control our society's behavior. I mean think about it - the world started really going to hell right at the same time as pocket calculators hit the market. Think about it - it's true! How else can you explain why they produce so much styrofoam. The stuff is terrible - it's toxic and non-biodegradable. By subliminally telling consumers to keep buying the stuff the styrofoam companies keep raking in millions of dollars at the expense of the environment. You wanna know what I really think all the styrofoam is for....?
    Last edited by Maister; 28 Nov 2005 at 11:42 AM.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I voted for the first one simply because it was the funniest answer. I love eG's poll options!

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister
    Seems like a pretty sound and moderate view to me. He's just trying to see the Big Picture. I find that people who are able to see the big picture are often ridiculed and ostracized. For instance, I was explaining to some people on the bus the other day that what's wrong with this world is our reliance on pocket calculators. They have replaced our ability to think and the government (in cooperation with Big Business) has planted tiny transmitters into these these things and it allows Them to subliminally control our society's behavior. I mean think about it - the world started really going to hell right at the same time as pocket calculators hit the market. Think about it - it's true! How else can you explain why they produce so much styrofoam. The stuff is terrible - it's toxic and non-biodegradable. By subliminally telling consumers to keep buying the stuff the styrofoam companies keep raking in millions of dollars at the expense of the environment. You wanna know what I really think all the styrofoam is for....?
    You've heard that word-for-word at the counter before, haven't you?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    What has that guy been smoking? So now it's star wars in the real world and W is Darth Vader?

Really... There is no proof yet that there's Extraterrestrial life close enough and developed enough to send out a signal...

Hellyer’s speech ended with a standing ovation. He said, "The time has come to lift the veil of secrecy, and let the truth emerge, so there can be a real and informed debate, about one of the most important problems facing our planet today."
    I know where the real stargate is located and I'm not telling.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 5
    Last post: 14 Sep 2011, 9:38 AM
  2. Canadian "Planning" forum
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 28 Jul 2010, 5:24 PM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last post: 02 Feb 2005, 5:10 PM
  4. Replies: 29
    Last post: 30 Dec 2004, 11:04 AM