Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: South Beach

Registered
    Jan 2005

South Beach

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Nice pics. I was in South Beach last year in September, had a great time.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Off topic:

Bad memories! We had our car towed from this alley. We were checking into the Leslie Hotel and the Art Deco Festival had Ocean Drive closed off. I called the desk attendant and he told us to park in the alley and the valet would move the car. The car sat in the alley for almost two hours until the city came to tow it. Just as we were about to leave for dinner, the front desk called to tell us. Instead of letting it ruin our evening, we went out to dinner, then headed to a lounge across from the tow lot. We paid the $200 and took the car back to the hotel. The Leslie only reimbursed us for half, blaming the other half on the valet company. We never really went after the valet company (the office was always closed).

P.S. The rooms at the Leslie have bathrooms the size of janitor closets. I had to sit sideways on the toilet. The room was so small that they had to hang the TV from the ceiling in order to fit it in the room. Staying right on the strip does have its advatages though.

Quote Originally posted by hilldweller

Registered
    Jul 2002
    I spent some time in South Beach about 4 years ago before I went on a cruise. They had just had a sand castle contest and the beach was lined with awesome sculptures. They even had 24 hour security to prevent people from destroying them at night.

I enjoyed my time there however I would have liked to spend time there in the evening when it got busy with party people.

Nice pics.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    right on. What does 'south of fifth' look like now? When I left avout 2 years ago there was a lot about the take place?

(I was actually in Miami over thanksgiving, but did not make it to the beach... I hardly ever seem to do, even when I lived there ).
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 15
    Last post: 15 Oct 2009, 1:21 PM
  2. Hi from Myrtle Beach, SC
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 09 Jun 2009, 5:13 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 14 Sep 2008, 7:23 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last post: 25 Apr 2005, 1:35 PM