Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: LEED Accreditation - should I do it?

Registered
    Sep 2005

LEED Accreditation - should I do it?

I am a practicing planning with an ongoing interest in sustainable development and green materials. At some point, I would like to do a career switch to development but I am not there yet. Would it be of any benefit to me to take the LEED exam? (After preparing for it first, of course!)

Thanks!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ssc
    I am a practicing planning with an ongoing interest in sustainable development and green materials. At some point, I would like to do a career switch to development but I am not there yet. Would it be of any benefit to me to take the LEED exam? (After preparing for it first, of course!)

Thanks!
    what would it hurt to become accredited? just think of it as another thing to put on your resume plus there might be some good networking there for you.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol
    what would it hurt to become accredited? just think of it as another thing to put on your resume plus there might be some good networking there for you.
    That has been my philosphy so far, but my husband is beginning to question all the $$ I have spent on classes and certifications. I think I will go for it anyway!

Quote Originally posted by ssc
    That has been my philosphy so far, but my husband is beginning to question all the $$ I have spent on classes and certifications. I think I will go for it anyway!
    Go for it. After all that effort and money, it helps to have something to show for it.
    Let us know how it went.
    Good luck.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. CNU accreditation exam
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 12
    Last post: 29 Oct 2009, 5:25 PM
  2. LEED accreditation
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 02 Jul 2009, 1:07 PM