Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Drinking games

Registered
    Dec 2003
    You shouldn't need games to drink.
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    AIB by the Scarface drinking game:

The Guns N' Roses drinking game
    Listen to the following songs, and every time Axl says a bad word (A--, b----, d--n, f---, s---), take a drink.
    Out ta Get Me
    You're Crazy
    Get in the Ring
    Shotgun Blues
    Perfect Crime
    Back Off Bitch
    Don't Damn Me
    Double Talkin' Jive
    Rocket Queen (everytime you hear something sexual)
    One in a Million (any derogatory phrase)
    Buick Makane
    Hair of the Dog
    Attitude
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally posted by illinoisplanner
    AIB by the Scarface drinking game:

The Guns N' Roses drinking game
    Listen to the following songs, and every time Axl says a bad word (A--, b----, d--n, f---, s---), take a drink.
    Surprised your not planking the horse after each song
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    For as much this Bear yaks about going to taverns, I have NEVER played a drinking game. I have sat with those who were and enjoyed the fun. Quarters was the biggie in the bars I went (and still go) to. I watched people play "Hi, Bob".

I am too much of a control freak.

illinoisplanner.....wouldn't you be violating some sort of New Republican Theocracy rules by participating in a Guns-N-Roses drinking game?

Slash Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North
    For as much this Bear yaks about going to taverns, I have NEVER played a drinking game. I have sat with those who were and enjoyed the fun. Quarters was the biggie in the bars I went (and still go) to. I watched people play "Hi, Bob".

I am too much of a control freak.

illinoisplanner.....wouldn't you be violating some sort of New Republican Theocracy rules by participating in a Guns-N-Roses drinking game?

Slash Bear
    LOL... there's many parts of the New Republican party, not just the Christian part. And look at Ted Nugent...he loves God and Guns but swears his head off.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner
    Beer pong was my fav in my younger years.
    We called it Beirut. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flip_Cup was also a big college favorite.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Had to dig this one up again. Just got a phone call from an old college buddy who said one word when I answered the phone - "zoom". I hadn't talked to him for over 15 years but I knew who it was right away with that one word. We used to play a drinking game called "Zoom, Schwartz, Mordice". usually 5-6 people sit around the table. Whoever starts the game looks directly at one of the other players and says 'zoom'. The player who got 'zoomed' then had the option of either:
    1. looking at another player and saying 'zoom', thereby making that person the next to have to respond.
    2. looking back directly at the player who just spoke last and saying 'schwartz', thereby making the person who just spoke last have to respond.
    3. looking at any other player except the one who spoke last and saying 'mordice'. This had the same effect as saying 'schwartz'.
    Whoever screws up and fails to respond when the 'initiative' is on them to speak next has to take a drink.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    I don't think drinking should be considered a game. It's a very serious business to me.
    I agree. I never needed a game to get me to drink. I always found them pretty childish or, in the case of Beer Pong, disgusting and unsanitary.

Blow pong. Everyone starts with full cups. This is where you have the table sectioned off by masking tape (each person has a section), and you blow the ping pong ball soas to defend your section and not let the ball fall off in that area. If the ball falls off on your section, you're chugging your cup. Bigger tables and more players is better. Ends up that the drunkest person only gets worse in this game as reaction time and coordination is critical.
    Who's gonna re-invent the wheel today?

Registered
    May 2005
    DRUNK DRIVER

HOW to PLAY:

1 Standard deck of playing cards
    Players: 1 person
    Dealer: 1 person
    Or Deal to yourself!

Dealer deals player 10 cards face down, in a pile. Player flips over top card and reveals it. Flip only one card at a time. When you get the following cards then you get to drink and get cards added to the pile.

JACK= 1 DRINK + 1 CARD ADDED TO PILE
    QUEEN= 2 DRINKS + 2 CARDS ADDED TO PILE
    KING= 3 DRINKS + 3 CARDS ADDED TO PILE
    ACE= 4 DRINKS + 4 CARDS ADDED TO PILE

REPEAT

Sometimes you get lucky (if that’s what you want to call not drinking much) BUT most of the time you end up drinking a lot. 40 drinks is possible a round!

Bill
    Last edited by ICT/316; 24 Mar 2006 at 9:42 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner
    The Star Wars Drinking Game
    I love it...I want to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You darn tootin', I like fig newtons!

The 100 club.
    100 shots of beer in 100 minutes. If you can make it, you will be a member of the "club". Doesn't matter what kind of beer you drink.

There's also the not-so-famous spice rack game. Fill your shot glass with your favorite hard liquor and spin the spice rack, sprinkle a dash into it and down-the-hatch. Everyone gets a shot and their choice of spice, look at the expressions on their face. Keep the trashcan nearby, just in case. Everclear and cinnamon wasn't too bad....from what I remember......
    There are no winners in this game.
    Who's gonna re-invent the wheel today?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I don't recall ever having played BEER PONG.

On a different note, if you were designing a drinking game around your next planning conference what would be some good words to choose that require everyone to take a shot?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I don't recall ever having played BEER PONG.

On a different note, if you were designing a drinking game around your next planning conference what would be some good words to choose that require everyone to take a shot?
    -"sustainable"
    -"walkable"
    -"TOD"

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 41
    Last post: 26 Oct 2012, 4:33 PM
  2. Legal Drinking Age (Poll)
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 24
    Last post: 01 Jun 2006, 11:01 PM