So I opened up the paper this morning and there, front and center, is a story about a house that I permitted about a year ago that has just burned completely to the ground. I was horrified. When the permitting was being done, the fire department had given us a letter stating that they probably couldn't get up the mile-long, steep driveway and that they would request springlers. The landowners fought it the whole way and then finally acquiesed.
The landowners were actually planning on moving in next week, and all that was being done was the final touches. The sprinkler system wasn't hooked up yet. What started the fire was the propane heaters that the carpenters had left on during the night.
AT 630 AM, when the fire trucks arrived, it was minus 19. The trucks couldn't make it up the driveway. The hoses froze. One of the fire trucks had a gas leak and caught fire itself. It was utter pandemonium, and the house burned to the ground. The press is calling us because there is all this warning in the file that this might happen.
Anybody ever have anything like this happen to them?