Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: University of Illinois-Chicago question

Registered
    Apr 2005

University of Illinois-Chicago question

Does anyone know what sort of response time UIC has to Urban Planning and Policy appliations? I sent out my application this weekend, and I would assume that my completed application will be ready for review after Christmas.

I can't seem to figure out of the school has rolling or set admissions. Any advice would be great.

Sincerely,
    Peter

Registered
    May 2003
    ^-- Not sure about the UPP school in particular, but I can say that UIC as a whole is very bad about returning things promptly. Also expect your application to get tied up by some administrative hurdle that they don't tell you about, so you might want to call a few different times (and speak with different people) to ensure that you've done all you need to do.

It is also my understanding that the entire university uses rolling admissions.

Registered
    Nov 2005

deadlines

May 15th 2006 General graduate school deadline,
    Jan. 1st, 2006 for Urban planning

I applied a few years ago for the MFA program and heard back in March I think. I didn't have any problems with the graduate school loosing any of my application package.

Registered
    Dec 2005

Uic

Regarding UIC they are very slow and will probably loose every piece of paperwork you ever give them. I am current in the Urban Planning and Policy Program here. They lost my transcripts when I applied for the program and I was never notified my application was just sitting. I applied in August for Jan. 2005 and did not hear back until the end of October. You are able to check the status of your application online, I would just suggest keeping an eye on it.

Registered
    Apr 2005

Uic

Thanks for the tips. I did put a little postcard with the application packet that I sent in, so hopefully that will be a good start. I will take the advice from folks here, and be a persistent applicant!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 10
    Last post: 01 Nov 2010, 8:52 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 19 Jun 2010, 9:03 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last post: 22 Sep 2009, 1:30 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last post: 10 Dec 2008, 11:07 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last post: 01 Aug 2001, 10:18 PM