Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Who writes these job ads?

Registered
    Jul 1998

Who writes these job ads?

http://www.planning.org/Jobsonline/a...htm?AdID=27286

They list it as a mid level job, but also say no experience required? Wouldn't that be entry level? Also they say the salary is open. Does that mean they are willing to pay $50K if someone with 10 years experience shows up? I don't think so..... Being a City Administrator, I know that they know what pay range fits the department budget. Why not list at least a range?

Since I worked for five years just up the road from there, I know that they cannot afford to pay very much. They have a planner that has been there for years and the tech isn't going to be hired at a high wage than his.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Everything about that listing screams 'entry level'. Probably just a mistake classifying it as 'midlevel'
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Ah, to work in the hometown of Radar O'Reilly.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Aicp?

They prefer AICP for a Planning Tech....what gives!
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Registered
    Aug 1997
    Ottuma ? Isn't that the capital of Canada?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Who here writes a planning blog?
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 22
    Last post: 05 Nov 2012, 7:15 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 26 Jun 2007, 10:36 AM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last post: 02 Feb 2005, 4:10 PM