Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: NYC Last Week - GCT, Times Square, TWC, Top of the Rock, ESB, BK....(80 PICTS)

Registered
    Apr 2004

NYC Last Week - GCT, Times Square, TWC, Top of the Rock, ESB, BK....(80 PICTS)

NYC Last Week - GCT, Times Square, TWC, Top of the Rock, ESB, BK...

Friday, December 16, 2005

Grand Central Terminal

Moderator note:
    (NHPlanner) - Animated gif deleted.

Animated images are not permitted on Cyburbia.
    Quote Originally posted by Cyburbia Rules
    3.4 Animation
    Animated images are not permitted.
    http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14714

42nd St

Times Square

Eighth Ave

57th St

Time Warner Center

Central Park

Columbus Circle

Sixth Ave

Rockefeller

Fifth Ave

Top of the Rock

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Park Slope, Brooklyn

Prospect Park

Grand Army Plaza

BQE

LGA

Last edited by NHPlanner; 21 Dec 2005 at 10:57 AM.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Thanks for the photoessay! Too many things to comment on

I would note that NYC seems to maintain its parks in a less shaggy/shabby state than San Francisco???

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by BKM
    I would note that NYC seems to maintain its parks in a less shaggy/shabby state than San Francisco???
    I was in Corona Park in Flushing a couple years ago and it looked like a landfill. I felt like I was in the outskirts of Rio. However, I have never been to SF.

Registered
    Nov 2003
    If the transit strike is over by Friday, can someone tell me the best way to get from the Port Authority/Times Square to the Bowery/Spring/Delancey Street area. I need to get to a party on Friday night. Secondly, is the WTC station open?
    I am recognizing that the voice inside my head
    is urging me to be myself but never follow someone else
    Because opinions are like voices we all have a different kind". --Q-Tip

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally posted by the north omaha star
    If the transit strike is over by Friday, can someone tell me the best way to get from the Port Authority/Times Square to the Bowery/Spring/Delancey Street area. I need to get to a party on Friday night. Secondly, is the WTC station open?
    no, there's no WTC station anymore. BUT you can take the 2/3 to Park Place, or the R to City Hall, or the R or 1/9 to Rector Street -- they're all within a block or two of it.

From Port Authority, you can take the C train downtown to Spring street -- it drops you in the west-ish part of Soho. The 6 also has a Spring Street stop, but it only goes down the east side, so it doesn't go to Port Authority. If you want the shortest walk, you could brave the horrors of Times Square, walk over to 6th ave and catch an F, which will leave you at 2nd Ave a bit later, and walk south a couple of blocks to Delancy, or further south to Spring. Lotsa choices.

ps. transit strike over? you're dreaming. but it's only about 60 blocks from PA to where you're going -- that's just 3 miles. and it's scenic, in a way -- lots of people to look at!

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Oh my goodness I got carded ...okay no more animated gifs

Hard to tell from my photos... Bryant Park, Central Park, and Prospect Park are probably the best-maintained parks in NYC. There are dozens (hundreds?) of other parks.

is the WTC station open?
    Yes, on the E it's still open on non-strike days.

Registered
    May 2005
    Great photos of Midtown. Was that a picture of the Flat Iron Building I seen?

Bill

“Oop... I almost forgot. I won't be able to make it fellas. Veronica and I are trying this new fad called uh, jogging. I believe it's jogging or yogging. it might be a soft j. I'm not sure but apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.”

- Ron Burgundy

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ICT/316
    Was that a picture of the Flat Iron Building I seen?
    I didn't capture the Flat Iron, if you're referring to thing, that's in Brooklyn near Grand Army Plaza and Prospect Park.

Registered
    May 2005
    What was I thinking? There would have been more buildings in the back ground. I was going by to fast! Sorry.

Bill

“I'm not a baby, I'm a MAN, I am an ANCHORMAN!”

- Ron Burgundy

Registered
    Apr 2005
    Thanks a ton for sharing your photos gct13! It takes some balls to get good shots of urban street life. You never know when some freak is gonna threaten you just for taking their picture in a public place. The pictures seem to quench my thirst to travel to the big apple yet tempt me to want to try living there someday.
    "The current American way of life is founded not just on motor transportation but on the religion of the motorcar, and the sacrifices that people are prepared to make for this religion stand outside the realm of rational criticism." -Lewis Mumford

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 43
    Last post: 29 Dec 2006, 11:41 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last post: 15 Feb 2006, 11:07 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last post: 16 Dec 2005, 10:45 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last post: 07 Jul 2005, 3:07 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last post: 22 Jul 2004, 8:54 AM