Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: AICP exam study CD

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001

AICP exam study CD

Just curious, why is this CD $105 for APA members, what are my dues being spent on? I'm not trying to sound negative here and $105 won't break my bank acct., but what am I getting out of my dues??? It seems like a bit of money for not much, then if I want anything else they nickel and dime me to death.

Is the CD copyright protected? Thinking about asking a friend to just burn a copy for me and split the cost with him.

Registered
    Feb 1998
    Every state APA chapter has a "Professional Development Officer" who should assist those taking the exam. Many PDO's have copies of the CD to lend to candidates. See what they have to offr you...unless you are in Kansas.

Registered
    Nov 2004
    Welcome to the world of APA when it comes to excessive costs. I used every available resource, copywrited or not, to study for the AICP. If you can split the cost of the cd, go for it. If you are in Missouri, the PDO is Ada Hood. I can also send you a couple of websites that I used as study aids.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Thanks for the info everyone...

Jenniplans, I've seen a few websites not sure if any would be helpful so if you found some to be a benefit I'd love to know which ones they were! Thanks again...

Registered
    Jul 2005
    I'm interested! I'm looking at taking the May exam and appreciate all the resources and advice I can get.

Quote Originally posted by jenniplans
    I can also send you a couple of websites that I used as study aids.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Dan I see you are in Big D, I am as well. If I get a copy of the CD I could pass it on to you... The only problem I see is that you appear to be a short horn fan??? LOL...

Registered
    Jul 2005
    Nice to find a neighbor here on Cyburbia... Are you planning on taking the test this spring? Ever taken it before?

You're not... an Aggie, are you?!

Quote Originally posted by Vlaude
    Dan I see you are in Big D, I am as well. If I get a copy of the CD I could pass it on to you... The only problem I see is that you appear to be a short horn fan??? LOL...

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by dankrzyz
    Nice to find a neighbor here on Cyburbia... Are you planning on taking the test this spring? Ever taken it before?

You're not... an Aggie, are you?!

Nope, better than those aggies. I'll let yOU take a guess! LOL Hey I shot you a PM. I haven't taken the test yet, I started to prep for it a year ago then moved to Tejas, so it threw my plan off a bit. Just starting back up and trying to get a copy of the CD. I'm working in the downtown area right now...

Registered
    Jul 2005
    Oops, didn't get your cyburbia message... I sent you an email one. Maybe we can get in touch and try to figure out this whole AICP thing.

Quote Originally posted by Vlaude
    Hey I shot you a PM. I haven't taken the test yet, I started to prep for it a year ago then moved to Tejas, so it threw my plan off a bit. Just starting back up and trying to get a copy of the CD.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 3
    Last post: 08 Feb 2014, 12:54 PM
  2. AICP exam study manual and CD
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 08 Apr 2008, 1:29 PM
  3. AICP exam study helps
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 05 Dec 2007, 11:32 AM