Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: MIT applicants!

Registered
    Nov 2005

MIT applicants!

Ok, I have submitted all my materials for MIT's MCP program, and I have accessed the website that should show my status, but it's kind of cryptic. How do you know if all of your materials are on file? My web page says:

MIT Graduate Application to the Department of Urban Studies and Planning for September 2006
    Status: Payment accepted, data sent, received, and confirmed! Application home...
    Order ID: MITGDUSP_XXXXXXX_2005XXXXXXXX
    Amount Paid: $70.00
    Started: 04:59 PM, October 10, 2005 (PST)
    Sent: 12:13 PM, December 28, 2005 (PST)
    Confirmed: 09:04 AM, December 29, 2005 (PST)

Does "Confirmed" mean that only my electronic application has been confirmed, or does that include hard copy items sent via USPS? anybody know?

Registered
    Dec 2004
    The online form should also tell you when the letters of recommendation are received (assuming that you used the online recommendation form).

I don't think that the online form has anything to do with the hard copies. I got an email from the departmental secretary when they had received and sorted through all the information. I got that email about 7 days after I submitted my online app, and I had sent the hard copies probably about a month prior to submitting.

Quote Originally posted by The District
    Ok, I have submitted all my materials for MIT's MCP program, and I have accessed the website that should show my status, but it's kind of cryptic. How do you know if all of your materials are on file? My web page says:

MIT Graduate Application to the Department of Urban Studies and Planning for September 2006
    Status: Payment accepted, data sent, received, and confirmed! Application home...
    Order ID: MITGDUSP_XXXXXXX_2005XXXXXXXX
    Amount Paid: $70.00
    Started: 04:59 PM, October 10, 2005 (PST)
    Sent: 12:13 PM, December 28, 2005 (PST)
    Confirmed: 09:04 AM, December 29, 2005 (PST)

Does "Confirmed" mean that only my electronic application has been confirmed, or does that include hard copy items sent via USPS? anybody know?
    I'd say that just confirms that your 70 bucks has been taken and your electronic application is sent. Żou'll still need to make sure all of your hard copy documents are set.

Here's a link to an FAQ page for the DUSP.

http://dusp.mit.edu/page.lasso?target=4:4:0

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. School: CUNY/Hunter Hunter MUP Applicants
    Student Commons
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 03 Apr 2013, 11:13 PM
  2. MLA applicants
    Student Commons
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 20 Oct 2008, 4:23 PM
  3. Local applicants only