Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: What? No "The David Lee Roth show sucks" thread?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

What? No "The David Lee Roth show sucks" thread?

I'll start with this: David Lee Roth is intelligent and articulate. Unfortunately, that alone does not make for a good radio show. The David Lee Roth Show, for lack of a better word, is just awful. His comments are punctuated by musical snippets between sentences. There's no chemistry among the crew. No guests. The format is much like that of local afternoon drive-time radio - find one subject, and ram it into the ground. There's a right-wing feel to the commentary, as if he's trying to be a Ted Nugent Lite.

Maybe, like Conan O'Brien, Roth will hit his stride, and the show will eventually catch on. I'm betting it's not going to happen, though.

I bought a Sirius radio a year and a half ago. After hearing Roth a couple of mornings, I decided to buy about a hundred shares of Sirius stock.

Registered
    Oct 2005
    WXRK - KRock in New York City was the host station for Howard Stern and in the afternoon and evening played a great mix of Rock from the 80's to present. Now that Stern left they moved to all talk and now syndicate Mr. Roth. I wasn't a Stern listener and I liked Krock music. So one morning the dial was tuned into David's show and I have to say, if you didn't know it was David Lee Roth you couldn't guess it. The show was bland and belongs on an AM station in Kansas. He could at least spice up the show with a little "Biddle-de-bop" once in a while.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I didn't even know he had a radio show. Too weird.

We just got a decent station here in town, and I love the morning show host. So I'm not going to switch for a loooooong time.

Registered
    May 2002
    I'm in the Detroit radio range, and the station that played Stern didn't pick up Roth. They picked up Rover's Morning Glory, and I like it pretty well so far. At least, until Dieter talks.
    Maintaining enthusiasm in the face of crushing apathy.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Dan
    I bought a Sirius radio a year and a half ago. After hearing Roth a couple of mornings, I decided to buy about a hundred shares of Sirius stock.

what is the difference between Sirius and XM? I know they are different companies, but do they have different content/target markets?
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by H
    what is the difference between Sirius and XM? I know they are different companies, but do they have different content/target markets?
    Sirius has Howard Stern and NFL, XM has MLB. As a die-hard Sox and Stern fan I am torn.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 5
    Last post: 14 Sep 2011, 8:38 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 25 Jun 2007, 10:39 AM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last post: 26 Jun 2006, 12:09 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last post: 04 Mar 2003, 12:59 PM