Urban planning community

Poll results: Which CANS of beer have you drunk in the last 6 months?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pabst Blue Ribbon

13 28.26%
  • Budweiser

12 26.09%
  • Bud Lite

16 34.78%
  • Michelob

2 4.35%
  • Michelob Lite

6 13.04%
  • Miller High Life

8 17.39%
  • Miller Lite

13 28.26%
  • Coors

6 13.04%
  • Coors Lite

10 21.74%
  • Natural Ice

3 6.52%
  • Olympia

2 4.35%
  • Stroh's

4 8.70%
  • Heilmans Old Style

0 0%
  • Hamm's

3 6.52%
  • Molson

6 13.04%
  • Old Milwaukee

2 4.35%
  • Milwaukee's Best

4 8.70%
  • Keystone

1 2.17%
  • Miller Genuine Draft

7 15.22%
  • Other (I include with great reluctance - don't abuse it!)

16 34.78%
Multiple choice poll
+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Beer Consumption (in cans)

Registered
    Feb 2004

Cheap Beer Consumption (in cans)

In the last 6 months which brand of cheap-arsed swill out of a can have you choked down the most of? I say out of a can because here we combine cheapness on two levels: cans and swill. I wonder if I should maybe change it to read what warm/tepid cheap beer have you drank out of a can.....nah, just cheap beer out of a can is good enough.

Oh yeah, and take note...you will see I listed all 20 brands of beer that come in a can. It's a good thing there are no other brands available anywhere on earth or I wouldn't have had room to put them on this extremely important poll.
    Last edited by Maister; 09 Jan 2006 at 3:28 PM.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    May 2004
    That's a pretty good list- but you are missing my favorite - which actually is not all that cheap because its technically an import here in the states but whenever up north its Kokanee Time!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I voted other, since I haven't had any of the above. I only drink corona or stouts (not too picky on the brand of stouts, although I like guinness best). I may have had a sip of my hubby's MGD or Canadian, but I don't really count that.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Stroh's used to be my favorite, I've switched to fancy unleaded versions like St Paulie Girl NA or Hakke Beck. I drink a lot less, enjoy the flavor more, and never have to worry about drunk driving.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    I honestly cannot remember the last time I had any beer from a can.....years....
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by DetroitPlanner
    Stroh's used to be my favorite, I've switched to fancy unleaded versions like St Paulie Girl NA or Hakke Beck. I drink a lot less, enjoy the flavor more, and never have to worry about drunk driving.
    But those don't come in cans do they?.....
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Oh I drink beer in cans all the time... glass bottles are too expensive for my budget
    I voted for Budweiser and other, since other stands for all the Chilean brands I've drank and are of course not listed. Still, the Chilean beers I've drank are way better than that carbonated water with a taste resembling to beer that you guys call Budweiser.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    You limited your poll to the last six months, so that would leave NONE here. But your picture of Carling Black Label brings back a lot of foggy memories from the late 1980's. I think it was $0.99 per six pack back then.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Other. Wasatch St. Paulie Girl. Also: Heineken and Guiness. Cans (or red plastic cups) are a must for any sort of outdoor activity other than bbq. Nothing worse than having a bottle break at the campsite, in the hot tub, etc.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner
    I honestly cannot remember the last time I had any beer from a can.....years....
    I take it back....I do remember....it was at the NASCAR race at NHIS in July of 2001. Mich Light. Many of them.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Apr 2003
    I had 3 cans of Killian's at a Pistons game last month. Other than that, cans are wrong.
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

Cans are good

Coors Lt. for new year's eve.
    Keystone at my parents for Christmas.
    Natty light at parents for Christmas.
    Bud light at home.
    Bud select at home.
    Had regular Bud on a fishin trip in the fall.
    Had KEG beer at a halloween party, and it was GOOOD.

Camping beer in a can - CAMO 24, also Steel Reserve 211, will put hair on your chest.
    Who's gonna re-invent the wheel today?

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Yous forgots to list Rheingold and Ballantine Ale XXX
    Gedunker should remember.
    Last edited by JNA; 09 Jan 2006 at 5:18 PM.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Boycotting Coors due to radical right-wing beliefs and historical discriminatory practices of the Coors family.

You need to add Rheingold, a $2-3 per six pack retro beer from upstate New York and Yuengling, a "fine" brew from the dying milltowns of PA. I checked Bud Light, Miller Lite and Michelob. The last two were the only things available in a cooler at a recent cookout.

Registered
    Nov 2005
    You would not be a swamp yankee New Englander if you did not have a fine case of Narragensett Beer in the fridge. Actually, do they make Narry anymore?
    Satellite City Enabler

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Boddingtons and Guiness are the last two brews I've had out of a can.

Registered
    May 2003
    ^-- Yuppie.

I was drinking High Life out of 16 ounze cans on the last Critical Mass.

Quote Originally posted by SkeLeton
    that carbonated water with a taste resembling to beer that you guys call Budweiser.
    You call it something other than Budweiser?
    Reality does not conform to your ideology.
    http://neighborhoods.chicago.il.us Photographs of Life in the Neighborhoods of Chicago
    http://hafd.org/~jordanb/ Pretentious Weblog.

Just Saturday I downed a couple of Miller Genuine Draft cans while working around the house. Also had a 30 pack cube of Pabst that lasted from October to December. All of these cans are leftover from sporting events. Otherwise I usually drink from bottles.

I have also had Lienenkugels, Bitburger, and Schlitz from a can within the past few months.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Feb 2000
    I would add Foster's Lager, Foster's Bitter and Heiniken to the list of canned beer I've swigged in the past 6 months. LAW-Ree is a Miller Lite gal, so I've had a few of them lately. OK..... so I've had more than a few, but who's counting?
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Cans? We don't need no stinking cans!

But I think I may had had part of Fosters out of a can several years ago. Ugh. Awful beer.

OTOH, the refernces to Rheingold reminds me of the jingle I used to hear all the time:

My beer is Rheingold, the dry beer!
    Think of Rheingold whenever you buy beer!
    It's not bitter, not sweet! It's the dry-flavored treat!
    Won't you try extra dry Rheingold beer?

Such a Snob

I have drunk one Young's Double Chocolate Stout in the last 6 months. What is this cheap beer you speak of?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally posted by jordanb
    You call it something other than Budweiser?
    We have Budweiser, and also we have our own water-ish beers. None of them quite decent, but we also have good beers, and of course the best ones are way too expensive for me... when I'm in Santiago... here in Valdivia I'm not the one that pays for them

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by jmello
    Boycotting Coors due to radical right-wing beliefs and historical discriminatory practices of the Coors family.

really??? I never heard anything like this except I remember hearing briefly about one of the Coors guys running for congress or something about a year or so ago.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Last beer I had out of a can was probably a moosehead over the holidays, I think.

I find it odd, that cans = cheap, up here they are more expensive, but then again you do get more beer in one.

I remember going to detroit in university(1991) and buying 50 cases of meister brau for 4.99 a 24, then smuggling them home with the excuse that we went to get baseball tickets.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Plan-it
    You would not be a swamp yankee New Englander if you did not have a fine case of Narragensett Beer in the fridge. Actually, do they make Narry anymore?
    Oh my god, Narragansett..... I was permanently traumatized by that beer back at a concert I went to somewhere around Providence in '82. Man, was I wrecked. I was literally getting up off my hands and knees after barfing on the floor and as soon as I look up this guy in a big giraffe costume (which I later learned was the "WAAF giraffe") descends on me and says "here, have a beer" and tries to foist a Narragansett on me!

I hit the ground again and continued my purge instead. I haven't been altogether right ever since.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 78
    Last post: 05 Jul 2013, 1:16 PM
  2. Beer, wine, and liquor consumption
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 25
    Last post: 15 Feb 2013, 2:47 PM
  3. These cans are defective!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 5