Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Musings on a Tuesday...

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Z, It sounds like you should be in Alaska.
    May God never bless you with Arthritis. I used to really love cold weather but now I understand why old people flock to warmer climates.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Anticipation always seems better than the event. I've thought about it sometimes and come to the rationalization that: 1) you can always dream about the event and make it what you want it to be and then become sad when it doesn't meet your expectations that you set up for it; and/or 2) its like a goal that once you meet it, its on to the next.

Some people have difficulty living in the moment and I'm trying to be better about it. Life is what happens as you're trying to plan (or something like that, I can't remember the quote).
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Dec 2006
    reality is what you construct in response to the circurmstances that are evolving or de-evolving around you. Construction of said reality is base upon DNA and prior life experineces. Those life experiences where not happenstance and are for a reason. Ther is a time and place for everything. Why we place ourselves in certain situations, it is my belief we do so to get a better understanding of where we are in our journey and to help give us a sense ofcontrol.

As far as the money thing (at least in western societies) I feel it is a simple extension of the need for us to measure and catorgorize are fellow humans. Social Status!. One has said that jump classes in western civilizations is one of if not impossible things to do (marrying up is the fastest and easiest way to do this)

Registered
    May 2005
    Is one gender louder than the other? I always assumed boys were louder than girls. Not my girls.

The neighbor has nicknamed my 6 year old daughter "Megaphone".
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Things didn't go so well at the appeal hearing today. 'Ol RJ ended up on the short end. The attorney representing the appellants informed me before the hearing that he was calling me as a witness. I called him a "bastard" for that tactic. All's good, as we get along well. No hard feelings. I suffered no visible scars.

On a positive note, a new attorney who was assisting the representation of the appellants, was easy on the eyes...tall, slim, young, with long blonde hair. Alas, our attorney describes her as a barracuda.

Damn cell tower people pull out all the big guns.

The homemade pizza is in the over and looks good. That's feel good food.

Registered
    May 2005
    Why must my kids slam the door every time the run outside? I don't know. Maybe they're in a hurry. Maybe they're super strong. Maybe they're doing it on purpose to bother me.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Work on Tuesdays seems to transpire much more quickly than on Mondays.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 21 Apr 2011, 1:22 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 19 Jun 2006, 6:38 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last post: 18 Jul 2005, 5:45 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last post: 21 Jun 2002, 6:00 AM
  5. Musings of a Fellow AICP Reject