Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First Goatse reactions

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

First Goatse reactions

Why didn't I think of it? Probably because I can't look at the image for more than a tenth of a second without flinching and covering my eyes.

Someone created a Flickr photo album showing the reactions of people when they see the infamous Goatse image for the first time. Yes, the album is safe for work; it doesn't actually show Goatse.

How did you react to your first exposure to Goatse?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    Ok, I'll be the first to admit I have never seen or heard of this Goatse image

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    I've never seen it, but have heard of it....and actually don't want to see it.

Some of those photos liked staged. Not that it really matters.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

The ends can justify the means.

Registered
    Oct 2005
    I had heard it hyped up on a few boards when the original site was shut down and my curiousity got the best of me. I must admit I never saw the original site only copies of it. It was pretty vile and honestly I wondered how that was even possible... the end.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I never heard of Goatse until now. I looked it up on the Wikipedia and it sounds disgusting. Someone had a sick sense of humor! Kinda funny, actually.

garbage in garbage out

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I read the Wikipedia article, nuff said.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Wow... I saw goatse years ago.. yet I still remember... So to those who haven't seen it, just stick to the wikipedia description... you do not want to see it... REALLY!

For the curious... I have heard that to make that image he shoved a coke bottle up there...

How did I react to it? "OMFG What is that guy doing?!?!?!?!" Also a few years ago some jerks found it funny to post fake urls in their posts like this: http://www.slackerplanners.com
    With the link to the goatse page... after falling on that prank a few times you learned you should always check what the real url is....

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Uh, wow - a new Cyburbia low.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Wow, three pics featuring Ron Jeremy, I can't believe he would be very shocked by the image......
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    All I can say is “What would make a person want to do that?” I have not seen the pics, don't plan to, have not even heard about it before today, and I think that it is truly sick, wrong, and a pathetic attempt to get attention by people who have serious mental, social, moral, and respect issues.
    Invest in the things today, that provide the returns tomorrow.

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Am I the only one who finds this sort of thing funny?

other than Howard Stern
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie
    Am I the only one who finds this sort of thing funny?

other than Howard Stern

No, I got a good chuckle out of it too.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    All I can say is “What would make a person want to do that?” I have not seen the pics, don't plan to, have not even heard about it before today, and I think that it is truly sick, wrong, and a pathetic attempt to get attention by people who have serious mental, social, moral, and respect issues.
    So I guess you're implying that you don't like Livejournal, MySpace and other places filled with Attention Wh*res... Yes, it's sick... Welcome to the internet! Home of the good, the bad and the ugly.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner
    Uh, wow - a new Cyburbia low.
    Saw it on Metafilter, and thought ... okay, it's not talking about how we're doing certain sick and twisted things, or about what those things are, but rather the reaction of others to them. We've talked about Goatse before, as one of the reasons for the image hotlinking restrictions.

FWIW, my reaction was like that of this guy. Also this man seems a bit too interested.

Registered
    May 2004
    I didn't know what it was until that discussion on Cyburbia about hotlinking. I think Dan that you referenced it as well as another one that is ridiculously disgusting. Curiosity got the best of me and I looked at both images and immediately wished I had not.

I don't particularly like being reminded of that either.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I had never heard of it either, but read the description on wikipedia and there is no way I'm looking! Ick.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by SkeLeton
    So I guess you're implying that you don't like Livejournal, MySpace and other places filled with Attention Wh*res... Yes, it's sick... Welcome to the internet! Home of the good, the bad and the ugly.
    Off-topic:

Well if Livejournal and MySpace have those types of images on them, then no, I don't like them. But nice happy places such as:http://www.detroitredwings.com/default.jsp
    http://ccha.collegesports.com/
    http://www.nhl.com/
    http://www.rnc.org/
    http://www.daveramsey.com/

are all good uses of the internet. On the other hand, places like:
    http://www.democrats.org/
    http://www.coloradoavalanche.com/
    http://www.alfrankenweb.com/forum/

are a waste of time, space, and money.

Registered
    May 2004
    I get the same reaction alot of those people in the pictures have upon reading or seeing anything written by Bill O Reilly.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    Well if Livejournal and MySpace have those types of images on them, then no, I don't like them.
    Not actually the same kind of Attention wh0ring... the goatse type is sick... the Livejournal type is more goth and angsty.... you know, all these kids nowadays just have the urge to excessively vent tehir private life and problems just so that others pity them... that is sick... in another kind of way though... And if we're talking about images.. in Livejournal you can find pics of kids cutting themselves and the such... but it doesn't get any worse than that...

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Be afraid... Be VERY AFRAID!
    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. - H.L. Mencken

Registered
    Feb 2000
    I'm sorry but I find "This" disturbing, although it is work safe. I remember my reaction the first time I saw it. I was in AWWWWWWW !!!!
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie
    I'm sorry but I find "This" disturbing, although it is work safe. I remember my reaction the first time I saw it. I was in AWWWWWWW !!!!
    I get the same feeling when I see this site... LINK Work Safe

Registered
    Jul 2002
    I read the Wikipedia entry, and decided to take a look at home -- yuck. That is very depraved.

Registered
    Jan 2006

Mr. Goatse

My first reaction was horror, closely followed by thinking "he has a wedding ring on" then thinking "I need to send this to everyone I know, and NOT tell them what it is"

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Stress Reactions
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 31
    Last post: 18 Jan 2010, 12:22 PM
  2. Allergic Reactions
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 24
    Last post: 27 Apr 2004, 1:45 PM
  3. Quick Reactions