Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Virginia Tech-Alexandria Urban Affairs and Planning

Registered
    Apr 2005

Virginia Tech-Alexandria Urban Affairs and Planning

I am in the middle of finishing up this application, and thought that I might ask the folks at Cyburbia about the program. It looks like VT-Alexandria is a relatively new program, and there isn't all that much information on the website about admissions, financial aid, etc. However, there are some great faculty members listed on the website, and some of the courses that are being offered look really interesting. Plus, it looks like VT-Alexandria is only the second urban planning program in Washington DC (after Maryland-College Park).

If anyone has any experienece, information, etc. regarding this program, please email or post; I'd love to hear any thoughts. My wife is really excited about this option for graduate school, so I'm starting to look a bit harder at VTA.

Thanks!
    Peter

Registered
    Oct 2004
    I'm not plugged into the planning world the way that I wish that I were...I will have to check it out. Seems to be right down the street from Misha's, arguably the best coffee shop in DC, so it has that going for it. You're right, some of the biggest planning/urban affairs names in DC are affiliated with the program...Visited your blog -- glad to see that you like Clintonville (Columbus), and great link to urban Ohio!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 3
    Last post: 18 May 2010, 11:21 AM
  2. Alexandria, Virginia Advertised again...?
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 21 Nov 2007, 5:09 PM
  3. Virginia Tech
    Student Commons
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 26 Nov 2005, 11:30 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last post: 18 Jul 2005, 5:42 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Sep 2003, 3:38 PM