Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: New Urbanism and Smart Growth

     
    Registered
    Oct 2005

New Urbanism and Smart Growth

Hello,

I am trying to put together a proposal for a senior research project. I was wondering if anyone could help me out by clearing up a question I have. I've been looking at New Urbanism on wikipedia, and the page had a link to Smart Growth. Would it be accurate to say that smart growth is a general concept and that New Urbanism is a specific way of implementing smart growth?

Also, if you feel especially helpful, would you suggest I look at other schools of though/concepts that you feel are better ways to base urban planning upon?

Thank you.

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Charlie Denker
    Hello,

I am trying to put together a proposal for a senior research project. I was wondering if anyone could help me out by clearing up a question I have. I've been looking at New Urbanism on wikipedia, and the page had a link to Smart Growth. Would it be accurate to say that smart growth is a general concept and that New Urbanism is a specific way of implementing smart growth?

Also, if you feel especially helpful, would you suggest I look at other schools of though/concepts that you feel are better ways to base urban planning upon?

Thank you.
    There have been numerous threads on this forum regarding the relationship between Smart Growth and New Urbanism. I would recommend performing a search with those key phrases to get some commentary on this topic.
    Satellite City Enabler

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 118
    Last post: 03 Jun 2011, 2:23 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 10 Aug 2007, 10:12 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last post: 26 Sep 2005, 6:15 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last post: 06 Jul 2004, 1:22 PM
  5. More Smart Growth