Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Planners in or studying Mexico City?

Registered
    Feb 2006

Planners in or studying Mexico City?

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who is either in Mexico City or studying Mexico City. Thanks!

Registered
    Feb 2006

Mexico city

I have been working in Mexico City for a few years.
    Let me know what is on your mind.
    A. Valenzuela

Registered
    Mar 2004

Fans....

When will they install those giant fans on the hillsides to blow the smog out of the basin? I think it would be very cool to study Mexico City and important considering that it could really help the entire country if that City were healthy and wealthy A strong Mexico City could only be a good thing for all of Mexico. A strong Panama City would be a good anchor for Central America also.
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by The One
    When will they install those giant fans on the hillsides to blow the smog out of the basin? I think it would be very cool to study Mexico City and important considering that it could really help the entire country if that City were healthy and wealthy A strong Mexico City could only be a good thing for all of Mexico. A strong Panama City would be a good anchor for Central America also.
    I would think that the first priority for Mexico City would be a new water filtration plant.

That said, IMHO, the best thing for all of Mexico would be to get its über-corrupt government out of the way of its citizens. With the astonishing work ethic that I see in the Mexicans whom are around here, there's no telling how far they could go back home, if their government would just let them.

Mike

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 8
    Last post: 25 Jun 2010, 8:49 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last post: 05 Jun 2006, 1:01 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last post: 10 Apr 2006, 1:45 AM
  4. Mexico City traffic engineers
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 0