Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Florida State University

Registered
    Sep 2005

Florida State University

Hello.

Does anyone have any thoughts about or experiences with Florida State's MURP program.

Thank you.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    For what it is worth... all my thoughts and experiences are excellent. It is a productive, well represented and well respected (I hear) department.
    Last edited by H; 09 Feb 2006 at 12:39 AM.
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I've got a buddy that is now a prof at FSU. He is EXTREMELY happy there. Happy professors = good professors = good education, IMHO. FSU has an excellent reputation nationally. Their planning program has a very good relationship with their engineering department as well.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Great program. I loved my professors that I had in the MURP program when I was an undergrad there. I work with a number of FSU DURPs. Very well respected program.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005

Is very good, yes

Good professors, great opportunities to gain experience while in school both for people wanting to work in the public and private sectors. Very good as well as in programs working with the developing world, due to the interantionalist program tie-in with the Peace Corps. Excellent networking opportunitiesand more importantly, job placement upon graduation. Well worth the time, effort, and money to be a DURPie, or in my case, a recent DURP alumni.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 3
    Last post: 19 Aug 2009, 6:24 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 06 Aug 2009, 2:26 PM
  3. University of Florida
    Student Commons
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 05 Dec 2008, 11:41 AM
  4. Florida Atlantic University
    Student Commons