Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Small world: people you've worked with who become infamous

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I still look at the Las Cruces Sun-News Web site, just to keep informed about anything that might be happening in the first place where I worked as a planner.

Cruces is growing rapidly, but it's a small town at heart; when you hear a name, much of the time you recognize it, and often you know that person.

When I read this article, the first thing that came to mind was the "freaked" emoticon. I dealt with this guy quite a bit on many projects. I'll just quote the first paragraph.

Engineer charged in assault for hire
    By Heath Haussamen SUN-NEWS REPORTER
    Feb 23, 2006, 06:00 am

The president of a Las Cruces engineering firm and founder of a popular Western swing band was charged Tuesday with attempting to hire a man to beat his ex-wife's boyfriend and cut off his penis.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Dan
    I still look at the Las Cruces Sun-News Web site, just to keep informed about anything that might be happening in the first place where I worked as a planner.

Cruces is growing rapidly, but it's a small town at heart; when you hear a name, much of the time you recognize it, and often you know that person.

When I read this article, the first thing that came to mind was the "freaked" emoticon. I dealt with this guy quite a bit on many projects. I'll just quote the first paragraph.

You never quite know people until they're in the newspaper for freaky things...
    Just be happy that you never made him that angy enough...

Registered
    Feb 2006
    I'm not sure where I am...or where I want to be
    Once when I was at the City web page getting data, for a lark I clicked the 'most wanted' link and was surprised to see someone I used to work with! He'd embezzelled money from a company and fled to Texas. I never trusted that guy.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Improving interview skills: what worked for you?
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 12
    Last post: 27 Aug 2008, 11:12 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last post: 05 Jun 2008, 8:51 PM
  3. Small World Project
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 25 Mar 2003, 9:38 PM