Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: The Amazing Race

The Amazing Race

Is anyone else totally obsessed with this show? Season 9 just started and they shot right ahead to Sao Paulo, and from the snapshots they showed so far they will make stops in Athens, Moscow and Tokyo this season. It's a great show and I beat myself up all the time for never catching on until the end of season 7.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Yeah, I admit it, I love the show. Sucks because it is on the same night as Planning Commission, but TIVO rocks.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    We have watched it each season. Probably my favorite reality show even over Survivor.

I always thought that it would be better, or at least an interesting twist, to give the teams a list of cities that they need to hit and enough cash to do it. Let them go in any order they want.

I don't know how to eliminate teams, but it may come down to money and ill planned travel by the teams. Or maybe, the last team to complete each city's stunt is eliminated and you never know until you complete that stunt.
    "You can measure the health of a city by the vitality and energy of its streets and public open spaces.-- William H. Whyte..

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally posted by prana
    I always thought that it would be better, or at least an interesting twist, to give the teams a list of cities that they need to hit and enough cash to do it. Let them go in any order they want.
    I'm with you -- I've thought those same things. I really like the show, particularly for the unadultered looks at other cultures (ala, cat calling by the locals during last night's motorcycle scene and the shot of the guy sleeping on cardboard) but the show could still be better.

I'm just glad they're out of the US. Last year's "family" series almost entirely in the US was boo-oo-oo-ring.

So far, I like the hippies from SF, the nerds from KS, and the long distance attorney/teacher couple.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 7
    Last post: 09 Oct 2013, 9:49 PM
  2. Amazing Las Vegas
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 06 Nov 2007, 7:41 PM
  3. Amazing Ottawa transit
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 05 Oct 2005, 11:27 AM