Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gifts from cats

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I have 2 great cats, who unfortunately, like most cats, find joy in everyday things I would never consider to be "toys": roaches, lizards, the upholstery on the furniture, etc. Tonight my son had a friend over and the dishwasher was running, so when RJ called I took the phone into my bedroom.

The horror: I emerge from the bedroom and find a "feminine product" the cats have dragged into the hallway, "killed" and are sitting proudly over: "Mom, look what we got for you". Sheesh. I was so embarrassed....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    The horror: I emerge from the bedroom and find a "feminine product" the cats have dragged into the hallway, "killed" and are sitting proudly over: "Mom, look what we got for you". Sheesh. I was so embarrassed....
    You're embarrassed? I'm embarrassed by this post!
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    You're embarrassed? I'm embarrassed by this post!
    Personally, I hate having to use euphemisms like "feminine product" but you guys are so squemish.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    You’re cruel to the male of the species.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I can't believe RJ being so squemish.
    Last edited by JNA; 08 Feb 2006 at 9:50 PM.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by JNA
    I can't believe RJ being so squemish.
    Have you ever heard of "cooties"?
    Annoyingly insensitive

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Personally, I hate having to use euphemisms like "feminine product" but you guys are so squemish.
    Halloween Poste: This Bear dressed as one (1) of them thar "things" for a costume party back in the mid-1980's. Won "Best Costume".

Bear Listening To Supertramp

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    I have 2 great cats, who unfortunately, like most cats, find joy in everyday things I would never consider to be "toys": roaches, lizards, the upholstery on the furniture, etc. Tonight my son had a friend over and the dishwasher was running, so when RJ called I took the phone into my bedroom.

LMAO its good to know this happens in other houses too. Our cats have brought down undergarments, feminine products, and numerous creatures in various states of life. We are currently having a hard time keeping track of baby socks.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Our cats bring work gloves up from our basement every night and then meow loudly to let us know of their 'kill'. When I put all the work gloves away and spoil their fun, they will find something else (guitar straps, socks or wrappers usually). Always interesting to see what will be in the middle of floor when I wake up.

As to the 'feminine product' kill... at least it wasn't a dog getting into them! A friend who had four sisters had a dog that used to rip them apart and eat them. Ewwwwwww... the feminine products started to be called 'Cookie treats' (Cookie being the name of the dog).

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Of course cats often bring home something they've killed - a mouse, a rabbit, a bird. Your first reaction may be to be repulsed. Keep in mind, that the kitty is very proud of his/her accomplishment and wants to show you. Also, it is his/her way of helping out. You give them food every day. They are just sharing their bounty with you. Enjoy. Say "thank you, but I couldn't. I had a rat earlier."
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop
    Say "thank you, but I couldn't. I had a rat earlier."
    Rat Tart??

I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Every day is today. Yesterday is a myth and tomorrow an illusion.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Off-topic:
    This is one of the "gems" culled from RTDNTOTO, Dan?
    Annoyingly insensitive

Off-topic:
    This is one of the "gems" culled from RTDNTOTO, Dan?
    Off-topic:
    Suddenly, RJ began thinking back at all of those 1000-plus posts in the RTDNTOTO thread with great trepidation.

Our cats have aged to the mellow point in life where one of them won't even bother climbing the stairs anymore, let alone "killing" feminine products. They still get a good buzz from catnip.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.
    Abraham Lincoln

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker
    Off-topic:
    Suddenly, RJ began thinking back at all of those 1000-plus posts in the RTDNTOTO thread with great trepidation.
    Off-topic:
    It's not what I wrote that concerns me, it's the prospect of lowering the count to under 1,000. At this rate, it will happen by the end of this afternoon.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Great story!

This one doesn't involve cats, but in the future you may remember to be more careful when camping on the beach: On our first trip together as a couple, my husband and I left some, uh, used "wrappers" in the trash outside our tent. One day we returned from an outing and the seagulls had pulled every last one of 'em out of the bag and they were strung all over our site...

Registered
    Feb 2000
    A cat gave me Toxoplasmosis once. What a nice gift that was?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    On my first day of kindergarten my mother opened the front door to find our cat sitting proudly by his kill - a thoroughly mangled chipmunk. Needless to say she shut the door and we left for our walk to school out the back.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    I had a cat... but that was ages ago.. and I don't remember him hunting anything.... Oh and he ran away while we were on vacations... my lovely neighbors managed to haunt him away...

Although my dog isn't that bad... although most of his kills are bees, flies, wasps, and crickets... But he has caught a few birds... and he tries to catch a few cats that eat his food, but without any luck...

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    My dogs get in the trash cans every single day...I come home and there is tissue and whatever else may be in the bathroom trash cans all over the first floor, then I go upstairs and they have pulled everything out of the two bathroom trashcans up there as well as the cans in the boys rooms...DRIVES me NUTS!! I shut the doors but somehow they manage to get in there...

Speaking of animal kill...my first very own dog (Magnolia - lab/greyhound mix) was at my aunts house...she had guests come over to show them their new baby and they also brought their new baby Yorkie...the thing was tiny, I guess Maggie thought it was a squirrel or something she grabbed it in her mouth before they even made it to the door and shook it all around (killed it)...my aunts friends were mortified (as I guess they should have been) my uncle offered to buy them a new dog, but they were just so mad, my uncle ended up puttting my dog to sleep (long story, but I had givin Maggie to my aunt and uncle due the birth of my son)...anyway, it was horrible and I know Maggie was a very gentle dog, she didn't do it to be malicious but there was no appeasing the Yorkie owner

Registered
    Aug 2001
    ^ ^ What a heart warming story, Jax. Thanks.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Slightly off-topic, but one of our dogs has a thing for flies. He will chase around, jumping and snapping the air as he tries to catch them. Oftentimes, he will get them.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Cardinal
    Slightly off-topic, but one of our dogs has a thing for flies. He will chase around, jumping and snapping the air as he tries to catch them. Oftentimes, he will get them.
    Ours snaps at bumble bees So far, he has always got them before they got him.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by savemattoon
    Ours snaps at bumble bees So far, he has always got them before they got him.
    Mine has her eye on a possum that is hanging around my yard She's a Cairn Terrier, known as a "ratter" breed. Sad thing is, this vermin is the same size as her and she doesn't realize it.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    You’re cruel to the male of the species.
    Maybe one of the reasons it ISN'T great to be a guy...

Registered
    Oct 2001
    My cat yacked up a nice hairball on the jeans I was going to wear while I was in the shower the other morning... the only clean pair, too.

Thanks Puff!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Dogs vs. Cats
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 3