Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are Faith and Success related?

Registered
    Feb 2006
    I'm not sure where I am...or where I want to be
    This makes me think of a question I had the other day.
    I've always wondered why religious people weren't better stewards of the land. If this earth was a precious gift from god, isn't poisoning it bad?

Someone told me many Christians don't care because the goal is heaven, where it will be a beautiful unspoiled garden. They think Polluting the earth isn't bad because this is just a stopping point to heaven where there will be no pollution.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by CosmicMojo
    This makes me think of a question I had the other day.
    I've always wondered why religious people weren't better stewards of the land. If this earth was a precious gift from god, isn't poisoning it bad?

Someone told me many Christians don't care because the goal is heaven, where it will be a beautiful unspoiled garden. They think Polluting the earth isn't bad because this is just a stopping point to heaven where there will be no pollution.
    When you're seeking zoning for your 10,000 seat megachurch, you don't give a darn!

I am a good person. I don't need somebody with about zero life experience suggesting that I won't find inner peace or success in anything in life, without religion. Trust me, it's better for your psyche to read the Sunday paper cover to cover in bed than to sit in a hard wooden pew and be told how bad you are/will be.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Sometimes the hard core faith that leads to this "success" is pretty scary. It leads one to believe, even hope for all kinds of frightening things. http://www.antiwar.com/utley/

Impossible to determine, even in ones own life. Imho

From BKM's link, Rayford Steele, what a name.
    Rayford Steele climbs atop his Hummer to watch Christ harvest the grapes of wrath. Steele looks at the hordes of soldiers assembled by the Antichrist, and 'tens of thousands burst open at the words of Jesus.' They scream in pain and die before hitting the ground, their blood pouring forth. Soon, a massive river of blood is flowing throughout the Holy Land."
    O'brother......

Registered
    Dec 2003
    No. ....................
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Rumpy Tunanator
    No. ....................
    What he said.

Registered
    Feb 2006
    I'm not sure where I am...or where I want to be
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    I am a good person. I don't need somebody with about zero life experience suggesting that I won't find inner peace or success in anything in life, without religion.
    well said, thanx

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 17
    Last post: 03 Aug 2005, 10:31 PM
  2. Beginning to lose the faith in the job hunt
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 33
    Last post: 01 Jun 2005, 10:54 AM
  3. Replies: 66
    Last post: 05 Mar 2005, 1:18 AM