Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Posting Problem

Registered
    Feb 2002

Posting Problem

I keep trying to post on the Makeup Thread and it won't let me. Actually, I can post maybe a sentence, but that is about all. Any longer, and I keep getting an error message saying I am not authorized. I haven't tried posting anywhere else because I don't want to keep typing and having it wiped out.

Help!

Edit to add that it did it again, and here was the error comment:

403 - Permission Denied

You do not have permission to retrieve the URL or link you requested, /403.shtml
    Please inform the administrator of the referring page, http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/newre...reply&p=300380 if you think this was a mistake.
    Last edited by SW MI Planner; 03 Mar 2006 at 12:11 PM.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner
    You do not have permission to retrieve the URL or link you requested, /403.shtml
    Please inform the administrator of the referring page, http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/newre...reply&p=300380 if you think this was a mistake.
    I get that message on rare occasions too. I really don't know why it's happening. I'm going to upgrade vBulletin to 3.5.4 tonight; let's see if that solves the problem.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I'm having trouble editing my posts. I can get the edit bar up, but when I click save, nothing happens.

Also, are the smileys off limits now? I can't seem to get them to work either.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I'm going to post the usual "clear your cache and cookies" bit of advice. I'm not having the same problems over here.

Registered
    May 2004
    How come when I sit down and type out a long winded message which takes a while (maybe 10 minutes or so) I go to post and it says I have to log in before I can post. Then when I log in it says invalid thread or something and it ends up erasing everything I wrote. I just penned a masterpiece of a post on housing costs and it's all gone.

Oh well- perhaps I will go have a beer instead

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Just updated to 3.5.4 - a month late, but it's updated. Let's see what happens.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner
    How come when I sit down and type out a long winded message which takes a while (maybe 10 minutes or so) I go to post and it says I have to log in before I can post. Then when I log in it says invalid thread or something and it ends up erasing everything I wrote. I just penned a masterpiece of a post on housing costs and it's all gone.
    I have this happen at home alot but oddly enough never at work.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Problem with AICP exam problem!
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 10 Jun 2008, 9:12 AM
  2. Problem Posting
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 15 Jan 2002, 12:51 AM
  3. Problem Posting a thread
    Cyburbia Issues and Help