Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: How Many Books are you Reading Right Now?

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries

How Many Books are you Reading Right Now?

As mentioned in the What Are You Reading thread, I have about 4-5 books going and there is seldom a time when I have only one book to read.
    In fact in addition to those 4-5 books, I have a couple that aren't finished yet, but have been shelved. Perhaps a weekend day will come around when I tackle those "dregs" on my shelf.

So guys, how many is in your rotation?
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN
    As mentioned in the What Are You Reading thread, I have about 4-5 books going and there is seldom a time when I have only one book to read.
    In fact in addition to those 4-5 books, I have a couple that aren't finished yet, but have been shelved. Perhaps a weekend day will come around when I tackle those "dregs" on my shelf.

So guys, how many is in your rotation?
    Same here, I often have several books going when I don't even have time for one.
    Right now I'm reading "Great Admirals of WWII", "A Western Approach to Zen", "Shogun", "25 Vegetables Anyone Can Grow" and "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"
    Dang, where did I set that banana down.....
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Feb 2006
    I'm not sure where I am...or where I want to be
    2, one for upstairs and one for downstairs

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In addition to books for classes, I am in the process of reading one new one and re-reading an older one.
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

     
    Registered
    Feb 2006
    I have 2 at home that I read before I go to bed and on the weekends, and 1 that I keep at my desk at work for reading during my lunch breaks. But I am spending more and more of my lunch breaks on cyburbia, and less and less reading, so I might just bring that one home as well.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    2 novels I've been reading forever, multiple architecture books I enjoy more for the photographs than the turgid architectureal theory prose.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    For novels I only read one at a time... and right now I left one in the middle and I doubt I'll retake it.

I've got 4 books going. Tv, who has the time.

Registered
    May 2002
    One main book, and two to three auxilery books. When the main book gets finished, one of the auxilieries gets promoted.
    The cookies are worth the drive

     
    Registered
    Apr 2006
    I tend to read a lot of books at once, right now I'm reading The Boston Strangler and the Encyclopedia to Serial Killers. I'm also reading a Michigan History magazine.

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Other than reading articles assigned for my classes or for assignments, I read a book that's at my bedside desk for nighttime reading. I read a national newspaper everyday at lunch and, sometimes, at dinner, if I didn't finish it at lunch. I read a few blogs and comics online each morning at breakfasts.

     
    Registered
    Jul 2005
    I'm currently reading Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner; The Market by Alan Aldridge and Emergence by Steven Johnson. Excellent books, every one of them.

I usually have three to four on the go. Depends on what I find worth reading at used book stores. I seldom buy and book then put it on the backburner. I usually take two weeks to a month to go through a four book cycle.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Reading Faces
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 10 Aug 2006, 6:04 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last post: 08 Feb 2005, 10:00 PM
  3. A little reading
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 20 May 2004, 9:00 PM