Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Linking Images

Registered
    Feb 2004

Linking Images

So how does one go about linking an image from one of those image hosting websites (or any other website for that matter) so it shows up here? Can someone walk me through it?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Maister
    So how does one go about linking an image from one of those image hosting websites (or any other website for that matter) so it shows up here? Can someone walk me through it?
    Most sites (like imageshack) give you the tag in the same page than the image.

If not, it should work just like my little tutorial, Image Attachments 101. Look for it in this forum.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    You know, skel, I linked an image from webshots.com of some shrouded Muslim women in the modest dress thread and it does not appear today on my computer. The image on the same thread that I downloaded and stored in temp images gallery on Cyburbia appears just fine, though.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by Maister
    You know, skel, I linked an image from webshots.com of some shrouded Muslim women in the modest dress thread and it does not appear today on my computer. The image on the same thread that I downloaded and stored in temp images gallery on Cyburbia appears just fine, though.
    From what I've noticed, webshots does not allow hotlinking, which is probably the issue.

See: http://www.webshots.com/html/terms.html

As a Webshots user, you may display Webshots images on your computer using the Webshots Desktop, send the images as Photo Messages and Ecards, view them on mobile devices, and utilize them on or through other services which may be provided by Webshots. Exporting the Webshots images into any other software product is expressly prohibited. No other distribution of the Webshots images is authorized.
    My suggestion is imageshack at http://reg.imageshack.us/

it's easy, free, and no registration required.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Linking taxation to land use
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 10 Apr 2007, 10:20 AM
  2. Image linking/ imageshack leeching?
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 03 May 2005, 10:57 AM
  3. Linking Planning and Economic Development
    Economic and Community Development