Urban planning community

Poll results: Does your boss know you're leaving?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 52.63%
  • No

9 47.37%
+ Reply to thread

Thread: does your boss know you're leaving?

Registered
    Nov 2005

does your boss know you're leaving?

to all those who are applying for grad school and currently employed, does your boss know you're leaving?

yes...I work at a small nonprofit and told her yesterday, giving 2 months notice, since i'll be relocating to Cali in May. She was happy for me, and glad i gave so much notice (been here 2.5 yrs)

Registered
    Mar 2004
    My boss don't know I'm leaving beacuase I'm not, I just wanted to see the resuults... looks like I skewed them.
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by DetroitPlanner
    My boss don't know I'm leaving beacuase I'm not, I just wanted to see the resuults... looks like I skewed them.
    Off-topic:

FYI, you can click on "poll results" in the lower-right area of any poll without casting a vote.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2005
    They know at work that I've applied for planning schools in the fall and been accepted at some of them. I wish I knew if I am leaving... although I've gotten in to 3 out of 4 schools I applied to so far, I don't know about the $$$. And I'm starting to get wound up about that. Do I really want to go, right now, enough to swallow the price tag? Ugh....starting to wish I'd done more thinking about that end of it...

Registered
    Nov 2005
    No, But I am leaving either way. Been equally as focused on landing a new job in addition to applying for school, just in case school doesn't work out.

Registered
    Nov 2005
    No, But I am leaving either way. Been equally as focused on landing a new job in addition to applying for school, just in case school doesn't work out.

Registered
    Jan 2006

Re: Telling Boss

I told my boss when I was applying (she wrote me a recommendation), and my entire company is very supportive about grad school-- and they're all waiting impatiently to see where I get in. I'm just nervous about getting rejections b/c then I'll have to tell everyone.

Registered
    Oct 2003
    I told as few people at work as possible so as to avoid any awkwardness in the event I didn't get accepted and had to stay on. But I also told my boss when I was applying to get a recc. letter.

Registered
    Nov 2005
    I told my bosses several months ago that I was applying to places... but I suspect they may have forgotten that this means I'll actually be *leaving*. I'm reluctant to bring it up lest I get fired. Unlikely, but still...

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Leaving current job gracefully
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 23 Apr 2011, 2:59 PM
  2. He's Leaving Home, Bye, Bye
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 29
    Last post: 26 Jan 2009, 10:27 AM
  3. Replies: 32
    Last post: 12 Jun 2007, 1:17 PM