Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Overheard at work

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Hearing about italian weddings, engagement parties, baby showers and other family affairs is bad enough, as was the body waxing and the inane conversations of children and shopping but today has hit an all time low, I am being forced to listen to one of the ladies next to me describe her over weight husband and how his gut and body are changing.

Anyone know of common office items that I could use to burst my eardrums? (NOTE no smiley on this item)
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Moderator note:
    Bump - moved from RTDNTOTO

Registered
    May 2002
    Quote Originally posted by donk
    Anyone know of common office items that I could use to burst my eardrums? (NOTE no smiley on this item)
    Pens and pencils are too obvious. Looking around my place, I found a pair of scissors, an ESRI pin, my NEXTEL's anntena, a paper clip (which would have to straitened out), and a letter opener in the shape of a sword. Heck, I didn't even have to open my desk drawer!

Seriously though, conversations like you describe is only one reason why I like having an office and not a cube.
    Back home just in time for hockey season!

Registered
    Feb 2004

Fight Fire with Fire

Oh, don't rupture your ear drums. Just pipe up and change the topic to something less objectionable such as yeast infections, hemmoroids, colostomy bags or the like!
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Overheard (AIB overheard in Ithaca)
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 06 Dec 2012, 2:02 PM
  2. Overheard in your town
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 25 Feb 2011, 10:33 AM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last post: 21 Aug 2008, 9:26 PM