Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Zodiac personality descriptions

Registered
    Apr 2003

Zodiac personality descriptions

Do you think that most people fit their zodiac personality descriptions?

I am a Capricorn, and I know nothing about what it says about me. I don't follow zodiac information, but I find it interesting.
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    I have been told I fit the Libra mold - scales, things have to be fair...

The link below said:

In their work the description "lazy Libra" which is sometimes given is actually more alliterative than true. Librans can be surprisingly energetic, though it is true that they dislike coarse, dirty work. Although some are modestly content, others are extremely ambitious. With their dislike of extremes they make good diplomats but perhaps poor party politicians, for they are moderate in their opinions and able to see other points of view. They can succeed as administrators, lawyers (they have a strong sense of justice, which cynics might say could handicap them in a legal career), antique dealers, civil servants and bankers, for they are trustworthy in handling other people's money. Some Librans are gifted in fashion designing or in devising new cosmetics; others may find success as artists, composers, critics, writers, interior decorators, welfare workers or valuers, and they have an ability in the management of all sorts of public entertainment. Some work philanthropically for humanity with great self-disciple and significant results. Libran financiers sometimes make good speculators, for they have the optimism and ability to recover from financial crashes.
    Last edited by luckless pedestrian; 20 Mar 2006 at 1:44 PM.

Registered
    May 2002
    Capricorns are skeptical and hard to convince of the supernatural.

Of course, as a Capricorn, I don't believe in this crap!
    The cookies are worth the drive

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    I am a Scoprio, I think I fit the profile to a tee

Registered
    Apr 2003
    So what do all these mean?

Quote Originally posted by Coragus
    Capricorns are skeptical and hard to convince of the supernatural.

Of course, as a Capricorn, I don't believe in this crap!
    I too am skeptical of these things. But much like Michael Moore, it is a bunch of meaningless entertainment.
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    I just read through the other thread, didn't get to vote. I'm surprised at how many Cancers there are here. I don't run into all that many in my daily life. I think what MZ said about the sampling of "planners who like to run their mouths off on the internet" is pretty funny and accurate. I, being a Cancer, am very opinionated but not really one to run my mouth off - until I find a perfect forum: spirited banter to pique my interest where I can say what I need to say with no interruptions!

I think astrology is very accurate for most people, even though I don't follow it all that much. But once I find out what sign someone is, I usually think - "oh, no wonder," or the type does fit in some way.

I get along best with Pisces (water), Scorpios (water) and Virgos (earth - I think Virgos maybe need to get along with everyone). I have found that I get along least with Capricorns, although I know several that I like and respect a lot - we just don't jive so well.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Planner Hottie

I think astrology is very accurate for most people, even though I don't follow it all that much. But once I find out what sign someone is, I usually think - "oh, no wonder," or the type does fit in some way.

I get along best with Pisces (water), Scorpios (water) and Virgos (earth - I think Virgos maybe need to get along with everyone). I have found that I get along least with Capricorns, although I know several that I like and respect a lot - we just don't jive so well.
    I agree, and all of my closest friends are Cancers...my ex is a capirocorn, another sign that Scorpios get along with...I don't follow astrology all that much, but when it comes to personality and who I get along with, I have found it to be pretty accurate...

Registered
    Apr 2005
    To me, evidence supportive of astrology is everywhere:

I'm a Leo. Leos are all about self-expression, creativity and pleasure. They also need more attention than most signs. Bill Clinton - a leo, had a great deal of on-the-job pleasure, and got all the attention he could want. Madonna and Whitney Houston are also Leos.

Take Capricorn - Newton and Ben Franklin were of this sign. Capricorns are self-disciplined, questioning, and also possess a chameleon-like shifting of personas, and a concern with maintaining an image of respectability. Both Newton and Franklin were scientists/inventors. Franklin cultivated a persona of industriousness, charity and resourcefulness. Aside from cosmological breakthroughs, Newton made many advances in optics. Notice again, the interest in perception, more specifically - how you are perceived by others.

Take Cancer. George W. Bush is a Cancer. Cancers possess emotional intelligence and are all about family. Bush is a loyal devotee of the Bush Clan. And though many would question his intellectual intelligence, his facile way of handling people is apparent.

Take Virgo - An earth sign largely about service to others. Mother Theresa was a Virgo who has the greatest reputation for humble charity of any modern person. Her charity was not so much in pure dollars like Bill Gates. Her charity was of a sort that was willing to get her hands dirty, to help improve the material living conditions of those living in squalor.

Take the air sign Aquarius - Oprah is an Aquarius. Who can better relate to more kinds of different people than Oprah? Aquarians are humanitarians concerned with universal brotherhood (and/or sisterhood). Aquarians are the soul of friendliness. The reason they are able to be so friendly is because of their almost complete detachment. They don't confide in a few close friends. If they took the time to understand peoples deep emotional vibes, they would be too heavy-hearted to reach out to so many people as they do. Rather they share themselves in a lighthearted way, equally with everyone.

To understand astrology, it helps if you learn to let your pop cultural definitions of what constitutes personality to go out of focus. Then you are better able to see things on a more elemental plane - A plane where true human qualities that are a-historical reside. Please don't confuse horoscopes with a real understanding of astrology. Horoscopes are deterministic. Astrology can be deterministic, but it can also serve as a weather report on the kinds of personality influences you encounter in a way that yields insight about means of adaptation.
    Last edited by dobopoq; 20 Mar 2006 at 1:27 PM.
    "The current American way of life is founded not just on motor transportation but on the religion of the motorcar, and the sacrifices that people are prepared to make for this religion stand outside the realm of rational criticism." -Lewis Mumford

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I'm told I'm a classic stubborn Taurus.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    I'm told I'm a classic stubborn Taurus.
    At the risk of getting myself in trouble again: I can vouch for this claim.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Try this link for descriptions about your particular sign - http://www.astrology-online.com/persn.htm

I used to be really into astrology, but have somewhat fallen off in recent years. I'm an Aquarius and I think that most descriptions fit me to a T.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I find horoscopes/astrology entertaining, but nothing more.

I am a Libra and from everything I've read about the Libra personality type, I seem to fit pretty soundly.

My wife is a Taurus... stubborn is an understatement, but I enjoy that aspect of her personality and its part of what attracted me in the first place.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Aug 2004
    I am sooo Gemini:

The Twins
    May 22 to June 21

Traditional
    Gemini traits

Adaptable and versatile
    Communicative and witty
    Intellectual and eloquent
    Youthful and lively

On the dark side....

Nervous and tense
    Superficial and inconsistent
    Cunning and inquisitive
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    The Scorpion
    October 24 to November 22

Traditional
    Scorpio Traits

Determined and forceful
    Emotional and intuitive
    Powerful and passionate
    Exciting and magnetic

On the dark side....

Jealous and resentful
    Compulsive and obsessive
    Secretive and obstinate

Yes, yes, yes...I am a Scorpio through and through...

Registered
    Nov 2004
    I'm a Leo (July 27th) and I don't think it fits me very well.

- I'm not outgoing (prefer solitude to groups of people)

- I hate being the center of attention

- I have no desire to lead or be in charge

However, I am:

- Vain

- Oblivious (most Leos I know live in their own world apart from reality)

- Defensive (Leos cannot take criticism)
    "I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every single minute of it!"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'm not so sure this is accurate.

Traditional Sagittarius Traits

Optimistic and freedom-loving
    Jovial and good-humored
    Honest and straightforward
    Intellectual and philosophical

On the dark side....

Blindly optimistic and careless
    Irresponsible and superficial
    Tactless and restless
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    I'm not so sure this is accurate.

Traditional Sagittarius Traits

Optimistic and freedom-loving
    Jovial and good-humored
    Honest and straightforward
    Intellectual and philosophical

On the dark side....

Blindly optimistic and careless
    Tactless and restless
    Maybe we can wait 'til the Tex-Fest in San Antonio and take a vote?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    Maybe we can wait 'til the Tex-Fest in San Antonio and take a vote?
    Or Maister can start a poll?

Some reference to our relationship?
    Tactless and restless
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Oct 2001
    That Zodiac stuff has a serious downside. That is why I align my life force with the Halliburton. All praise the HB!

Traditional
    Libra Traits

Diplomaitic and urbane - HA
    Romantic and charming - OK
    Easygoing and sociable - HA
    Idealistic and peaceable Ok/HA

On the dark side....

Indecisive and changeable BS/Ok
    Gullible and easily infuenced HA
    Flirtatious and self-indulgent OK/NFW

Looks like they missed me by just a bit

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Traditional
    Pisces Traits

Imaginative and sensitive...yes/yes
    Compassionate and kind...yes/yes
    Selfless and unworldly...kinda/yes
    Intuitive and sympathetic...yes/yes

On the dark side....

Escapist and idealistic...yes/yes
    Secretive and vague...kinda/yes
    Weak-willed and easily led...no/no
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Another stubborn taurus here!

I like reading relationship star signs and how different star signs interact- i actually find they pretty much hit the mark!
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

Registered
    May 1997
    salmissra is sooo right about the two sides of Gemini. Whatever you think about how it is derived, my astrological chart is frighteningly accurate.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    Or Maister can start a poll?
    Seems some genius beat me to it a couple years ago.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. The Chinese zodiac thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 22
    Last post: 02 Sep 2011, 8:14 AM
  2. Did your Zodiac Sign Change?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 21
    Last post: 18 Jan 2011, 12:43 AM
  3. What's your zodiac sign?
    Friday Afternoon Club