Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Find the Pitbull

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries

Find the Pitbull

I get a newsletter from the ASPCA and they had this link to an interesting site.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

I am a big dog lover....and really thought I would do better, but it took me several tries to find the pit bull.

My sister actually has a real pit bull. It is a sweet dog. My old alpha hound actually got in a tassle with it over a piece of food. My 85-pound hound won.
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I thought I'd do fairly well but it took me five tries to get it!
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Third try for me. First selection was bull terrier, pretty close.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Took me a ton of tries, I have seen lots of friends pit bulls but perhaps they are not real pit bulls but another breed similar, they all have the boxy head and very muscular bodies, that one does not. I have been around mean pit bulls (well what I thought was a pit bull) and have been around very sweet ones, as with anything, its the way its raised, I doubt they are mean by nature.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    It took me a few... I always thought that they had spots...
    Invest in the things today, that provide the returns tomorrow.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Interesting argument, but I really doubt that many of these specialty breeds are all that common and are responsible for the problems facing many communities. People who own a Dog De Bordeaux are not selling their puppies to G-Man to fight in the local ring or guard the local drug house.

Recent unfortunate history with pit bulls:

1. My basenji, the past weekend, was attacked by a pit bull puppy who suddenly snapped. Hair trigger temper. owners completely ineffectual. I had to grab the damn thing's tail and lift my basenji up by her leash.

2. Girl who works at a local coffee shop was walking her boyfriend's pit bull. A collie got through a screen door and came running up to the pit bull to play. The pit bull had to be beaten off the other dog with a shovel.

3. coworker had a pitbull that went off on the daughter's boyfriend (who in this case, to put it bluntly, deserved it). Multiple stitches for the flesh wounds.

These dogs' hair trigger tempers, unpredictability, popularity among the Thugg Culture (black, white, hispanic, and Asian-it's not a race thing in California) and strength make me doubt that they should be legal. Sure, other breeds bite, but the damage is less serious.

And, as the test makes more than clear,I'm not sure how you would define the breed.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Find one in every car. You'll see.
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 05 Nov 2010, 10:38 AM
  2. Help ID this find #2
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 14
    Last post: 21 Jul 2009, 3:08 PM
  3. Where do I find hi-res map symbols?
    Information Technology