Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: White Sox Win Series (Split from Random Thoughts)

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Not a single post on the ChiSox winning the series.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie
    Not a single post on the ChiSox winning the series.
    Was actually going to write something about it in the Major League Baseball Predictions thread. Just haven't gotten to it yet. I wasn't able to stay awake and see the end of any game (didn't get to see the first one because I went to a friends wedding - the reception was worth missing the game )

So let's see, following the trend, next years winner will be a team that hasn't won in 8 or 9 decades...Cubbies?!?!?!?!?
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Random Plunges

Toilet Plunger Random.....We keep our "main" plunger behind the.....here comes my best Archie Bunker voice....."terlet".

However, those who read my inane posts know that "George" is my duck plunger. He goes to bars with me. He goes on trips with me. He is a plunger with a duck head and a bow tie. The bow tie is a little crooked and faded.....George and I hooked up in a bar in Toronto, down by the lake. (And another poster said Toronto was "boring".)

Baseball Random.....Actually, the trend is for a team named after an article of clothing to win. Red Sox. White Sox. Does that mean Cincinnati Red Stockings are next?

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North

Baseball Random.....Actually, the trend is for a team named after an article of clothing to win. Red Sox. White Sox. Does that mean Cincinnati Red Stockings are next?

Bear

Let's hope not. If your theroy jumps leagues, the Stanley Cup winner will be the Columbus BlueJackets. That's in the same state...
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Just came back from the White Sox ticker tape parade here in Chicago, and I got some great pics. The parade was a FANTASTIC experience! There had to be 1 million plus people downtown.

I'll download a couple that we took and post them.

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally posted by pete-rock
    Just came back from the White Sox ticker tape parade here in Chicago, and I got some great pics. The parade was a FANTASTIC experience! There had to be 1 million plus people downtown.
    JEALOUS !!!!

Isn't it costumary to tip over cars, set fire to buildings and loot when your team wins a championship? It sounds as if everything went as smooth as can be hoped for in Chicago.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie
    JEALOUS !!!!

Isn't it costumary to tip over cars, set fire to buildings and loot when your team wins a championship? It sounds as if everything went as smooth as can be hoped for in Chicago.
    Nope. No riots, no looting. But here are the pics.

From my vantage point on the street:

And from my boss' vantage point across from City Hall:

And of course, the aftermath:

People are still celebrating now. In fact, I hear "We Are The Champions" outside being sung by some drunken traders from the Chicago Board of Trade right now.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Da Boss (split from Random Thoughts)
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 33
    Last post: 25 Sep 2009, 4:18 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last post: 14 Jan 2009, 4:32 AM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last post: 20 Aug 2008, 7:18 PM
  4. Replies: 29
    Last post: 03 Feb 2006, 9:35 PM