Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Where is your Toilet Plunger? (Split from Random Thoughts)

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Where do you all keep your toilet plunger? I've decided there really is no appropriate place for it, but it's something you should have around...just in case.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner
    Where do you all keep your toilet plunger? I've decided there really is no appropriate place for it, but it's something you should have around...just in case.
    Ha ha, what a funny (but real) question!! I have the same problem!! In the guest bathroom on the first floor I keep it in the cabinet under the sink. Since there is nothing else in there I am not concerned with it touching anything...
    And on the second floor I have two bathrooms so I keep it in the hall/towel/linen closet on the floor...I am fortunate to have the extra space, I am not sure where I would keep the thing if not...probably behind the toilet!

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra
    Ha ha, what a funny (but real) question!!
    Sounds and smells like a Mikeyski's special to me. My plunger is delicately stored on the bottom of the built in closet in the bathroom, with a plastic bag enclosing the head.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    If its not in arms reach of the toilet, there's no use having one. You have about 4 seconds to use it in an emergency. Also, train the kids in the art of plunging, as they will be the ones who cause the emergency.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by savemattoon
    If its not in arms reach of the toilet, there's no use having one. You have about 4 seconds to use it in an emergency.
    Have to agree.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by JNA
    Have to agree.
    Me too. Gotta be within reaching distance.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Holy cow! What are you all doing in the bathroom? Wait, don't answer that. (Give a courtesy flush, will ya?)

My plunger is out in the garage with the business end in a double plastic bag.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie
    Not a single post on the ChiSox winning the series.
    Is that something important?

I keep mine next to my son's toilet; but I've had less need of it since I told the fat kid next door to go home if he needs to take a dump. Sorry, true story.
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 28 Oct 2005 at 10:07 AM.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    I keep mine next to my son's toilet; but I've had less need of it since I told the fat kid next door to go home if he needs to take a dump. Sorry, true story.
    eewwwww, that's the bathroom you make me use.

I got a note from ZG. It seems that she may have broken her nose during a wrasslin' match with her son. I'll try to file a full report tomorrow night. Oh, and I'll bring my camera to record and post the results, too. This could be interesting.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Feb 2003
    At work, our toliets always clog up so we have to keep toliet plungers right next to the toliet. Fun experience at work especially in heels and a skirt on Board day.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Since the topic is Toilet plungers... I must say that I don't need one. I have a good yet low consuming toilet, that with little water flushes very well. On the other hand my shower does need a plunger.... must be all the hair that goes down the drain that clogs it...

On a completely different topic... I was out most of the week because there was a Geography Congress here so I was most of the week going to different expositions and presentations, besides that I had a test on wednesday.... You guys missed me right?

Registered
    Mar 2005
    I don't even OWN a plunger.

1. Is there something about american toilets that makes them a nessessity?
    2. Is my toilet going to block up during the night if i dont rush out and buy one pronto?
    3. Is it the kind of thing everyone has, and thus I probably own without thinking about it? Like colanders. And hammers. And bathroom sink plugs.
    4. If I've not needed one yet, am I ever?

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by chukky
    I don't even OWN a plunger.

1. Is there something about american toilets that makes them a nessessity?
    2. Is my toilet going to block up during the night if i dont rush out and buy one pronto?
    3. Is it the kind of thing everyone has, and thus I probably own without thinking about it? Like colanders. And hammers. And bathroom sink plugs.
    4. If I've not needed one yet, am I ever?
    !

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Probably
    4. Yes
    You darn tootin', I like fig newtons!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 40
    Last post: 21 Oct 2010, 12:28 PM
  2. Da Boss (split from Random Thoughts)
    Friday Afternoon Club