Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Cornell Open House Friday

Registered
    Mar 2006

Cornell Open House Friday

Anyone going? Looks like that's where I'll be going in the fall! Ithaca and Cornell are completely new to me, though.

Registered
    Mar 2006
    I did my undergraduate in urban planning at Cornell. It's a great program and Ithaca is a beautiful place to spend 2 years! What are your interests? Concentration? Have a great time this weekend!

Registered
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Phoenicia
    I did my undergraduate in urban planning at Cornell. It's a great program and Ithaca is a beautiful place to spend 2 years! What are your interests? Concentration? Have a great time this weekend!
    I want to concentrate on community and economic development, I'm also interested in community/university partnerships. I'm really excited about the school, I am just going to miss living in a city (while studying cities). Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm also interested in social theory/sociology, photography, DIY culture. I'm sure in a place that big I will find others with common interests.

It's a really nice area, alot of cool old hippies... be sure to eat at the worldfamous (even if you're not a vegitarian) Moosewood Restaurant on your trip! I considered going there, but I'm looking for a more urban environment to live in. Upstate NY Rocks... My hope is it'll turn into the Oregon of the North East!

     
    Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by deriviste
    I want to concentrate on community and economic development, I'm also interested in community/university partnerships. I'm really excited about the school, I am just going to miss living in a city (while studying cities). Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm also interested in social theory/sociology, photography, DIY culture. I'm sure in a place that big I will find others with common interests.
    Deriviste, what did you think of Cornell's open house? What other programs were you considering? And why are you choosing Cornell?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005

Take me home

I grew up in a tiny town just outside of Ithaca, so I can give the quick and dirty townie viewpoint of Ithaca. It's a good place to be, especially compared to other places, but if you want to stay afterward as a planner, you're better off elsewhere. Also, make sure you make it to the Nines at least once while you're a student, since the deep dish pizza is addicitve and there's usually a decent blues band playing most nights.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 12 Apr 2010, 8:40 PM
  2. Cornell open house
    Student Commons
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 01 Apr 2009, 3:07 PM
  3. UNC open house
    Student Commons
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 02 Apr 2008, 1:10 PM