Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Michaelskis Law (Split from Random Thoughts)

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    After reading many of the political threads recently here on Cyburbia, and even some non-political threads, I would like to introduce something along the lines of Sam's Law:

Michaelskis Law:
    As a Cyburbia Forums thread grows longer, the probability that Hillary Clinton or Ted Kennedy's Liver will be mentioned by Michaelskis approaches one.

Thank you for your time.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Hey....m'skis.....you suck!!!
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

The ends can justify the means.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Quote Originally posted by mendelman
    You beat me to it!

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    AIB M'SKI -

Hannibal Lecter: A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Registered
    Apr 2003

HAAAA you funny

Quote Originally posted by mendelman
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner
    You beat me to it!
    I have a your mom joke... but I won't go there.
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism." - George Washington

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN
    After reading many of the political threads recently here on Cyburbia, and even some non-political threads, I would like to introduce something along the lines of Sam's Law:

Michaelskis Law:
    As a Cyburbia Forums thread grows longer, the probability that Hillary Clinton or Ted Kennedy's Liver will be mentioned by Michaelskis approaches one.

Thank you for your time.
    Law breaker.

Hitler walked into Walmart and saw Hillary Clinton talking about Ted Kennedy's liver.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Maister
    Law breaker.

Hitler walked into Walmart and saw Hillary Clinton talking about Ted Kennedy's liver.
    Nicely said, you missed out mentioning NASCAR, Canukistan, and James Kunstler.

Registered
    Apr 2003

Michaelskis Law:

Thank you for your time.
    I have a law named after me. I can’t find it, but I believe it involves Photoshop

Quote Originally posted by JNA
    All of that in one idea would cause the earth's core to change its rotation and life as we know it would stop.
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism." - George Washington

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by JNA
    Jams Kunstler, while lamenting the poor gas mileage of NASCAR vehicles, threatened to move to Canukistan if Senator Ted Kennedy did not issue a proclamation condemning this atrocity (as he put it "an egregious crime against humantiy equalled only by the likes of Hitler, or perhaps Sam Walton"), however, as the Honorable Mr. Kennedy was suffering from liver problems, he instead conveyed the same demand to Senator Hillary Clinton.

Whew! Why is the ground rumbling? Is that an earthquake I feel?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    All you jerks are wrong. It's all in the definition:

Michaelskis Law:
    Therefore, that earthquake in K-Zoo you feel is nothing more than lunch's gaseous emissions...

Perhaps that is why it seems that an earthquake is occurring in Northern Colo. today too.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Feb 2004
    All you jerks are wrong. It's all in the definition:
    I think you've missed an important element. It's not just the quantity of words it's the quality as well. The law should read "The worse Michaelskis fares in a political discussion the probability that Hillary Clinton or Ted Kennedy's liver will be mentioned by him approaches one."

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    All of that in one idea would cause the earth's core to change its rotation and life as we know it would stop.
    But you'd blame the Clinton Administration.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Apr 2003

Well you know...

Hitler and his mom, Hillary Clinton, were shopping for a NASCAR game at Wal Mart as a get well gift for Ted Kennedy who was recovering in a super secret Canukistany rehab center after the 52nd liver transplant, when they were interrupted by James Kunstler wanting an autograph who mistook Hillary for Candice Bergen from Boston Legal.

Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    But you'd blame the Clinton Administration.
    The only thing that they could stop was an interns future.
    Last edited by michaelskis; 03 Feb 2006 at 5:21 PM.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    The only thing that they could stop was an interns future.
    I normally do not like off-the-cuff remarks about the Clintons, but to this one I say:

BA-ZING

-Peart

Registered
    Feb 2004

Laws

It occurs to me there are more laws we could discover.....

The 'Florida' law: the longer a thread, regardless of the subject, the probability that we will learn about an eccentricity of RJ approaches one.

Any others?

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003

The 'Florida' law: the longer a thread, regardless of the subject, the probability that we will learn about an eccentricity of RJ approaches one.
    Oh, How true.

Registered
    Apr 2003

Any others?
    Oh I was worried that it would involve "The Creative Class"

Registered
    Aug 2001

The 'Florida' law: the longer a thread, regardless of the subject, the probability that we will learn about an eccentricity of RJ approaches one....
    OK, that’s it. I’m going to challenge you on this, Master of Engrish. Show me just one example that I’m eccentric. Just one. I dare you. I’m normal. Totally and unequivocally normal.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    OK, that’s it. I’m going to challenge you on this, Master of Engrish. Show me just one example that I’m eccentric. Just one. I dare you. I’m normal. Totally and unequivocally normal.
    [announcer voice] Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to tonight’s battle of the verbiage masters! In this corner, former Navy marine, philosopher, turned zoning official. The MEEEESHIGAN BAD MAN from the ZOO, MAISTER, in that corner over there, a Florida guy. [/announcer voice]

Are the Thesaurus keepers ready?

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE

Registered
    Jul 2005
    I normally do not like off-the-cuff remarks about the Clintons, but to this one I say:

BA-ZING
    Would this be a bad time to mention that I own a "Re-elect Hillary Clinton for President in 2012" t shirt?

Thinking about getting a "Re-elect Chelsea Clinton for President in 2024"

Psychotics are consistently inconsistent. The essence of sanity is to be inconsistently inconsistent.
    -Larry Wall

Registered
    Aug 2001
    [announcer voice] Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to tonight’s battle of the verbiage masters! In this corner, former Navy marine, philosopher, turned zoning official. The MEEEESHIGAN BAD MAN from the ZOO, MAISTER, in that corner over there, a Florida guy. [/announcer voice]

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE
    Do you two Stans have jobs? You're so Brokeback.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by safege
    Would this be a bad time to mention that I own a "Re-elect Hillary Clinton for President in 2012" t shirt?

Thinking about getting a "Re-elect Chelsea Clinton for President in 2024"

Wow, that is cool! I didn’t know that they even made those yet. I know someone who has a “Re-elect Elvis” T-shirt and a “Let the Ewoks join the EU” T-shirt.

So what color is the inside of your fall out shelter?

Registered
    Jul 2005
    Wow, that is cool! I didn’t know that they even made those yet. I know someone who has a “Re-elect Elvis” T-shirt and a “Let the Ewoks join the EU” T-shirt.

So what color is the inside of your fall out shelter?
    They don't make them, but they can be made.

I'm an independent myself. Ever since I voted for John Andersen for President, couldn't vote for Perot though. Hillary is my centrist of choice, and I'm happy to be able to vote for one of the major parties again (If she runs).
    Psychotics are consistently inconsistent. The essence of sanity is to be inconsistently inconsistent.
    -Larry Wall

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003

Any others?
    I wonder what Rumpy or ZG would say about this ?

Registered
    Feb 2004

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words. How's this for 'verbiage'? [begin 'The Way We Were' in background]

(Apologies for the 'collateral damage' to everyone else unfortunate to appear in the same photo with RJ!)

eccentric friend of RJ

eccentric architecture
    Last edited by Maister; 03 Feb 2006 at 6:38 PM.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 34
    Last post: 15 Dec 2009, 2:25 PM
  2. Da Boss (split from Random Thoughts)
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 33
    Last post: 25 Sep 2009, 4:18 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last post: 23 Jan 2009, 11:40 AM
  4. Replies: 19