Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: $ awards

Registered
    Mar 2006

$ awards

Alright, time to fess up. Columbia is offering me a $9,000 scholarship (not sure if that is their merit or need-based or both) to help pay off $32k tuition.

I have no idea if that is a good deal or not... what are you getting? Is anyone going private getting more than a 1/3 covered?

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Public for me at Rutgers.....for '06-'07 One free semester and a $5K stipend. Value almost $13K. Close to covering first year's tuition. That's where I'm going.

Registered
    Jan 2006

re: $$$

I got the same scholarship from Columbia... I was pretty happy about it (still will get loans, but I'm sure many people weren't offered any funding). Got merit scholarship ($5,000) and work study stipend ($2500/semester) from Pratt... still waiting on MIT.

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally posted by aesculanus
    Alright, time to fess up. Columbia is offering me a $9,000 scholarship (not sure if that is their merit or need-based or both) to help pay off $32k tuition.

I have no idea if that is a good deal or not... what are you getting? Is anyone going private getting more than a 1/3 covered?
    Okay, I applied to cheap-er schools but got lucky with scholarships:
    Buffalo - $6900 scholarship + $4800 grad asstship (I'm in state so tuition was $6900)
    Queens (Canada) - $7000 scholarship plus a possibility for work/study (would have covered tuition if I wasn't international)
    Toronto - minimum $10,000 primarily scholarship but possibly some research/t.a.ships... for international it's like $16,000 but they were the only ones of the three that basically said they fund continuing students in their program (so I wouldn't be paying full tuition the following year like at the other 2), and I got a res life job to cover rent.

I'm going to go to Toronto b/c I like their program + the city but b/c I'm international there's no FAFSA forms for filing...

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Awards protocol
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 05 Dec 2008, 11:18 AM
  2. [IowaAPA] Iowa APA Awards
    APA Iowa Chapter
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 09 Aug 2006, 5:05 PM
  3. Darwin Awards 04
    Friday Afternoon Club