Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: LEED: Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005

LEED: Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design

I'm working on providing density incentives to do the "right thing" in a PUD and I am thinking about using LEEDS certification (or at least certifiable, lol) for homes and now Neighborhood Developments.

Any thoughts?

I thought it might be easier to just point to a known source instead of re-inventing the wheel...

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Moderator note:
    We discourage local and little-known acronyms in post titles, mainly because they aren't too descriptive, and the posts usually get no responses. You might want to describe what a LEED is (I have no idea), lest you give people the impression that you made a typo in the title of a post about a British city.

Registered
    Nov 2004
    I dont know what a LEED is, but I have attached a link to the residential density guidelines for Local Authorities in Ireland. It may be of no use whatsoever, but then again it could provide one of the spokes in your wheel

www.environ.ie/DOEI/DOEIPol.nsf/0/ 1829f4edf25b12b380256f5d004dd108/$FILE/1489residential.pdf

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005

green building eans density bonuses?

Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian
    I'm working on providing density incentives to do the "right thing" in a PUD and I am thinking about using LEEDS certification (or at least certifiable, lol) for homes and now Neighborhood Developments.

Any thoughts?

I thought it might be easier to just point to a known source instead of re-inventing the wheel...
    okay, basically what i want to do is to give bonuses to developers who develop green buildings or neighborhoods - it's under a program called LEED or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design - its a program in in the US Green Building Council - projects can get formally certified as being green in their buildings and now neighborhoods (smart growth principles)

it's a great program because it gets updated as new technology is available and is pretty standardized

the downside is that not all architects get certified and it's expensive to get a project certified and it's standardized (lol)

i wrote to them to see if they would do a pilot project with my town but i haven't heard back yet

i was just curious if anyone else had done anything like this but it looks like that's not the case - lol

not to be a threadkill or anything...

here is the URL if anyone is interested:

http://www.usgbc.org/DisplayPage.aspx?CategoryID=19

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 14
    Last post: 08 Mar 2011, 6:18 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 16 Feb 2011, 2:16 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last post: 02 Sep 2010, 6:06 AM
  4. Replies: 1