Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: The Ultimate (Now Legalized) Nigerian Scam

Registered
    Feb 2004

The Ultimate (Now Legalized) Nigerian Scam

I'll hand it to the Nigerians, they are a very practical people if nothing. Seems football association officials have ruled that it's okay to take a bribe - as long as you don't act in a manner that necessarily suggests you altered your actions as a result of taking the bribe! How very sensible!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060331/...RpBHNlYwM3NTc-

I was particularly intrigued by this remark in the article.
    Despite a high-profile campaign to stamp out graft in the impoverished African country, Nigeria consistently ranks among the most corrupt countries in the world
    "Ranks"? Evidently they compile statistics and have various indexes of corruption. I wonder what categories they tabulate? Do you suppose it's possible that Nigerians might have bribed the tabulators?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    May 2004
    Seems like that policy is similar to the policy the US congress seems to be operating on.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Are you implying that the Nigerian prince I gave my son's college fund to in order to make millions when the courts release his inheritance was not legit?
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop
    Are you implying that the Nigerian prince I gave my son's college fund to in order to make millions when the courts release his inheritance was not legit?
    I'm sure in your case it was perfectly legit.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 02 Mar 2012, 12:43 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last post: 29 Sep 2003, 2:13 PM
  3. Help me find the scam...
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 08 Nov 2002, 3:26 PM