Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Playoff Week 2 Scores, Updated Brackets

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996

Playoff Week 2 Scores, Updated Brackets

"Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    And this is where the upsets stop and the Puckers hoist the cup while listening to “We are the Champions” in the background...

It will be a hard battle this week and I don’t like my line up this week.
    Invest in the things today, that provide the returns tomorrow.

Registered
    Aug 2001

Holy crap- Two ass whoopins to move into the Finals. Nicely done guys. Man, the boys from MoTown couldn't have been more on their game! 6 goalie wins with only 7 goals!?!?! I bet I had a couple of goalies with more than 7 goals each!
    "You can measure the health of a city by the vitality and energy of its streets and public open spaces.”-- William H. Whyte..

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    My teams is still playing? Huh?
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis

It will be a hard battle this week and I don’t like my line up this week.
    It's going to be two weeks of hard battling. We get to go head to head for a two week stint. So it's going to be more than luck!

I've never had a team with so many talented players do so little for me. It's like the Olympics all over again.....
    Forechecking is overrated.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by nerudite
    It's going to be two weeks of hard battling. We get to go head to head for a two week stint. So it's going to be more than luck!
    TWO WEEKS
    OH $(^^

Well, it does look like it may come down to who has the better goalies since 42.85714% of our teams points are influenced by the mighty net minders...

and one of mine is still DTD.

*We get to keep our players for next year... right????

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    *We get to keep our players for next year... right????
    We'll decide on keepers and other things during the off-season.....
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner
    We'll decide on keepers and other things during the off-season.....
    I like most of my team, but there are also some free agents available right now that if I drop many of my good players and go with these guys I know I could win. But then I might not have them for next year.

I personally would like to keep my team.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I've never played in a league where you get the same players in the next year. Seems like it will really discourage the guys that are in the lower end of the bracket or those of us with shitty goal tenders!!!! Uhhhhh...ME!!!

I would have to vote for a totally new draft every year to keep it interesting. If the same base group did it again next year, it might encourage more trading also.
    "You can measure the health of a city by the vitality and energy of its streets and public open spaces.”-- William H. Whyte..

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by prana
    I would have to vote for a totally new draft every year to keep it interesting. If the same base group did it again next year, it might encourage more trading also.
    Yup, I agree... even though I have some great players, it would be more fun if we started from scratch each year.

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by prana
    I've never played in a league where you get the same players in the next year. Seems like it will really discourage the guys that are in the lower end of the bracket or those of us with shitty goal tenders!!!! Uhhhhh...ME!!!

What I would be thinking....and we'll go over this during the offseason....is similar to how we do the Cyburbia Football League:

Each team gets to designate 2 or 3 "keepers" that they reatin on theor roster for the next season....everyone else is now set to be drafted, and the majority of the team is new each year.

Like I said though...it's a discussion we can have in the offseason.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    I think that it should be like the real world, only slightly modified. The lowest ranked team at the end of the season gets two picks of the available free agents, and it go up to the top of the pile. I think that any team in here has players of top quality and skill level, and no one team dominated the entire season.

Another addition to the recommendation above would be that each team must open up at least half their team (of their choosing) to free agency. It encourages consistency in teams, players, while still giving everyone the best options.

Also, as the Q rating has shown us, players who are at the best of their game one year... may suck next year. Heck, a player who may rock in part of the season might have one of the lowest rankings in other parts of the season.

In football, and even baseball, it would make sense. In football, the teams will not change all that much, so players are consistent from year to year. And in baseball, each player is judged on their own actions.

Hockey and basket ball however is a very different scope in that some of the best players are moved from team to team each year, and every little change in the roster can have a significant impact on the remaining persons on the team. However our individual scores are the influence.

Heck the top goalie last week was one that I picked up on free agency and was available to everyone.

(but that is just my .02) I am in next year no matter what happens!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. 2007 Playoff Week 1 Scores & Results
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 11 Sep 2007, 4:08 PM
  2. Playoff Week 2 Scores & Results
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 30 Mar 2007, 10:03 AM
  3. Playoff Week 1 Scores & Results
    Friday Afternoon Club