Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14

Thread: 2006 Major League Baseball trash talk thread!

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Kinda hard to play baseball with a rain poncho on

Rain, rain go away let us play some baseball today....Jax, you need to do a dance or something to stop the rain
    I'm trying, I'm trying!! I want to see the Cards kick some a$$ as bad as the next guy!!! I hear another storm system is coming through this evening but perhaps it will hold off or move very quickly!!!!! Damn Missouri weather

GO CARDS!!!!!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Did I say Tigers in 4? What I really meant was Cards in 5.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    My prediction: Tigers in five.
    Excuse me, but I meant Cards in five.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Thats what I thought you fair weathered fans!!!!! GO CARDS!!! STL is going to be CRAZY tonight!! I just hope we finish this off in our house!! WWHHHHHOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO GO CARDS!!!!

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

No Large Woman Singing Yet...

Tigers in seven!

Maybe.....

The Tigers have kicked their own butts, with errors, walks, less than timely hitting. But, we have the Cards exactly where we want them.....

Game at a time. Hoping for the best. Checking my wallet to make sure I have enough to buy Katie and Jax a drink at Put-In-Bay, Summer Laefest At The Bay, Summer, 2007.

Bear Kaline
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    CARDS WORLD SERIES CHAMPS

MVP - Eckstein
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Mar 2004
    I'm just thrilled that the Tigers made it that far. Quite an accomplishment to go from the basement to the penthouse in one season!
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

The Scale Is Moaning & I Hear A Melody

Congratulations to the St. Louis Cardinals. Congratulations to all the fans of the Redbirds here in Cyburbialand. You did good.

Very timely hitting, excellent pitching, not many bad decisions. The old adage about baseball being a game of inches.....there were a couple plays that could have gone quite differently if a moving baseball would have been just an inch or two closer or farther from a mitt. However.....the Tigers sweep of Oakland had much of the same.....andf Oakland suffered. This time it was the Tiger's turn.

My take.....St. Louis pitching just shut down a potent Tiger attack.....period. Nice job to those guys.

I agree with DetroitPlanner.....we Tiger fans have a lot to smile about. We did not start the 2006 baseball season with any expectations of playing in the World Series. We were looking to finally get more wins than losses.

Congratulations to the Detroit Tigers for giving us Tigger fans a fun season.
    _____

How many days until somebody jump-starts the 2007 Major League Baseball Trash Talk Thread?

Tigers versus Cubs series?

Bear McClain
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    Congratulations to the St. Louis Cardinals. Congratulations to all the fans of the Redbirds here in Cyburbialand. You did good.

Very timely hitting, excellent pitching, not many bad decisions. The old adage about baseball being a game of inches.....there were a couple plays that could have gone quite differently if a moving baseball would have been just an inch or two closer or farther from a mitt. However.....the Tigers sweep of Oakland had much of the same.....andf Oakland suffered. This time it was the Tiger's turn.

My take.....St. Louis pitching just shut down a potent Tiger attack.....period. Nice job to those guys.

I agree with DetroitPlanner.....we Tiger fans have a lot to smile about. We did not start the 2006 baseball season with any expectations of playing in the World Series. We were looking to finally get more wins than losses.

Congratulations to the Detroit Tigers for giving us Tigger fans a fun season.
    I'm not a Cards fan (BREWERSHERE! ), but I will congratulate one of the true 'blue collar' teams.

Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    _____

How many days until somebody jump-starts the 2007 Major League Baseball Trash Talk Thread?

Tigers versus Cubs series?

Bear McClain
    Hmmmm, I'll do it right now, as pitchers and catchers report in only four months!

Mike

Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    Let's see: the experts were unanimous in picking the Padres over the Cards. Uh huh.
    Let's look again: the experts were unanimous in picking the Mets over the Cards. Uh huh.
    Well, what do you know: the experts are unanimous in picking the Striped Cats over the Cards. Bring it on
    Wooooooooo hoooooooooo!!! Finally, I can breathe again!

It is amazing that the regular season can be such a grind but when you reach the playoffs, it's a whole new ballgame. My Cardinals team just willed itself to win. What a blast!

I wonder how long people will grumble that Leyland didn't start Rogers for this game...
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Sep 1999
    The MVP of the Series is from our town, his family still lives here. He graduated from the high school my son will be attending next year (provided he passes 8th grade...!).

Registered
    Nov 2003
    I was in the 3rd grade, when the Cardinals won the WS in 82, I didn't even follow baseball then. I was strictly basketball, football and boxing. I didn't start following the Cardinals until the beginning of the sixth grade when this kid named Jason moved from St. Louis to Omaha. That year '85, we lost to the sorry a$$ Royals in the WS.

BTW, what happened to all the small market teams winning or even being competitive. You have a few teams like St. Louis, Minnesota and Oakland (are they a small market team?) that win or reman competitive. I have this argument with Orioles' fans all of the time. They always cry about the Yankees overpaying for all of the good players. But back in the 80s, the Yankees were crap. In the 80s, all of the small market teams were the better teams with the expection of the Dodgers and the Mets. What happened to the parity? Was it expansion? or a TV package. Stadium construction?
    I am recognizing that the voice inside my head
    is urging me to be myself but never follow someone else
    Because opinions are like voices we all have a different kind". --Q-Tip

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Bear, you owe me a tall one

I think I am still recovering from Friday night
    What a great game, what a great team!!!!!!

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    I guess the news outlets here in Chicagoland don't give a flying F about the Cards winning. I didn't know they had won.

Congrats...St. Louis!!!!

A new joke for the occasion:

Q: What do the Cubs and the Tigers have in common?

A: Neither have won a Championship in their new stadium.

I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

+ Reply to thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 295
    Last post: 01 Nov 2013, 10:29 AM
  2. Replies: 272
    Last post: 15 Nov 2012, 6:30 PM
  3. Replies: 329
    Last post: 03 Nov 2010, 11:02 AM
  4. Replies: 228
    Last post: 06 Nov 2009, 11:28 AM