Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Boohoo on Yahoo

Registered
    Jul 2003

Boohoo on Yahoo

So my old e-mail was with Yahoo. As part of the on-going efforts to separate my life from the man formerly known as Mr. Zone (well, not quite -- SOON), it was cancelled. Initially, I was told that I would get a chance to separate my Yahoo Groups and so forth from that e-mail address. Like with Bill Gates/Microsoft, you are PWNED!!!! when you join Yahoo: if you have several services through them, it is all linked and when you sign into one thing, you are signed into everything. It can be convenient in some ways but is turning into My Worst Nightmare now. I can still send mail to various Yahoo Groups I belong to but I can no longer sign into "My Groups" even though I did all that I was supposed to do to make that possible, in theory, I think.

I don't really expect anyone to have practical solutions to my inconvenient dilemma here (which I have not really detailed) but this is your chance to bash Yahoo.

MZ sits back and waits for crickets to commence chirping as the cartoon way of illustrating Total Silence in response.

Registered
    Jul 2005
    When I got double-billed, (long story) I sent an answer to the billing problems sub, sub, sub section. I got an e-mail back telling me to call.
    Psychotics are consistently inconsistent. The essence of sanity is to be inconsistently inconsistent.
    -Larry Wall

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by safege
    When I got double-billed, (long story) I sent an answer to the billing problems sub, sub, sub section. I got an e-mail back telling me to call.
    I don't remember the details, but when we had some billing problem once, we discovered that the two halves the company have no place where they "meet" for resolving certain issues: every department refers you to someone else.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 01 Sep 2009, 1:15 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last post: 06 Sep 2005, 1:48 PM
  3. Yahoo!: Please Verify Your Email Address
    Planning and the Built Environment
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 01 Aug 2005, 12:49 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last post: 29 Dec 2004, 10:20 AM