Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Mpp/murp

Registered
    Feb 2006

Mpp/murp

Hello, I'm interested in urban planning and policy. I am looking for dual degree programs (MPP/MUP). I also want to study U.S. social policy. What are the best dual-degree urban planning programs?

So far, I have found Michigan and Harvard.

Registered
    Mar 2006
    USC would be a good option as well. After having attended an event there recently, their public affairs program seems even better than their planning program.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by anonbhmres
    Hello, I'm interested in urban planning and policy. I am looking for dual degree programs (MPP/MUP). I also want to study U.S. social policy. What are the best dual-degree urban planning programs?

So far, I have found Michigan and Harvard.
    There are a wide variety of dual programs at many schools. I suggest going to the American Planning Association's website www.planning.org and getting the list of accredited programs all of which have websites and contact information listed. Basically you have to do some grunt work in figuring out who offers what. I've seen things like an MPA/MURP, JD/MURP, CE/MURP, MPP/MURP, MArch/MURP, MBA/MURP among others and at some schools you can craft your own dual degree program as long as both departments approve.

Cheers!
    Kim
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. MURP or something else?
    Student Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 28 Jun 2012, 8:47 PM
  2. MPA or MURP?
    Student Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 04 Jan 2012, 9:12 PM
  3. MUD/MURP vs 3-yr MLA
    Student Commons