Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING Dating Thread

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by natski View post
    Yep i admit i have done it- never gotten anything juicy and/or interesting but

The problem is people do it for me as well and come across my high school tribute website- its just plain embarrassing.
    all i was able to find about the future mrs. was where she worked and where she lived. but it had to get her last name first...after the first date. she had the upper hand in googling me first b.c my last name was in my email address. she has a common first name with a unique spelling so i had somewhere to start...
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Here's an MSN article with advice for Dan:

http://msn.match.com/msn/article.asp...uid=8&GT1=9278

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Seriously, is every woman between the ages of 30 and 45 now a yoga master? On Match, a reference to extreme enthusiasm for yoga appears in about 75% of all women-seeking-men profiles. Well, at least those of women with average, athletic and slender builds. Really, are women as a whole that much into yoga now?

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Seriously, is every woman between the ages of 30 and 45 now a yoga master? On Match, a reference to extreme enthusiasm for yoga appears in about 75% of all women-seeking-men profiles. Well, at least those of women with average, athletic and slender builds. Really, are women as a whole that much into yoga now?

We have so many yoga and pilates classes at the premier gym where I work. It is insane how many women and men take the classes. So yeah, I would believe it.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Seriously, is every woman between the ages of 30 and 45 now a yoga master? On Match, a reference to extreme enthusiasm for yoga appears in about 75% of all women-seeking-men profiles. Well, at least those of women with average, athletic and slender builds. Really, are women as a while that much into yoga now?
    It's the new "in" thing...like aerobics was in the 80's.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Sep 1999
    As TN said, it's very, very popular. Plus, it makes women (and men) look engaged in physical improvement, hello, I'm very flexible, etc.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    .... hello, I'm very flexible....
    Don't make me go there. Please. heheheheh.....
    Last edited by Richmond Jake; 09 May 2007 at 12:04 AM. Reason: i'm a pig

Registered
    Mar 2005

Quick advice needed...

Ok folks, I've been getting to know this guy who is a friend of an old friend, so he's known some of my friends (including my sister) longer than he's known me. Over the past month or so, he's messed up SEVERAL times and called my sister my name. It's almost always when he's speaking to me, though -- like "oh, you should talk to RandomP and see if she can whatever whatever." And then he'll realize what he's just done and correct the statement.
    Should I be annoyed, mad, or just continue to ignore it?
    How do I know you are who you think you are?

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally posted by RandomPlanner... View post
    Ok folks, I've been getting to know this guy who is a friend of an old friend, so he's known some of my friends (including my sister) longer than he's known me. Over the past month or so, he's messed up SEVERAL times and called my sister my name. It's almost always when he's speaking to me, though -- like "oh, you should talk to RandomP and see if she can whatever whatever." And then he'll realize what he's just done and correct the statement.
    Should I be annoyed, mad, or just continue to ignore it?
    I was seeing a guy for a couple of months, and i was a function for his work. He went to introduce me to all his work collegues and introduced me with his ex-girlfriends name. I was so embarrassed and angry- he copped it off his work mates. Then when i got upset about it, he told me it was not a big deal.

Yeah that was the beginning of the end. I would be offended but thats just me.
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

Registered
    Sep 2001
    I was seeing a guy for a couple of months, and i was a function for his work. He went to introduce me to all his work collegues and introduced me with his ex-girlfriends name. I was so embarrassed and angry- he copped it off his work mates. Then when i got upset about it, he told me it was not a big deal.

When I would argue with an ex, I'd sometimes use another ex's name if the situation was similar. When we broke up she mentioned it, most of the time I did not even realize it had happened.

On a recurring theme, I think I could have gotten a really cute girls number today, but was too stunned to ask. (Need a kicks self smiley)
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally posted by donk View post
    When I would argue with an ex, I'd sometimes use another ex's name if the situation was similar. When we broke up she mentioned it, most of the time I did not even realize it had happened.

On a recurring theme, I think I could have gotten a really cute girls number today, but was too stunned to ask. (Need a kicks self smiley)
    Ah donk i have been missing hearing you on this thread- what is doing?
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Ah donk i have been missing hearing you on this thread- what is doing?
    lots of window shopping (gotta love spring after a long winter), but unfortunately no trying on for size
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    lots of window shopping (gotta love spring after a long winter), but unfortunately no trying on for size
    Is this the dating thread or the shopping thread?

Either way, I shouldn't be in here

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Over the past weekend, ZG and I decided we're no longer dating but we're before the shackin' up period (that arrives in July).

I wonder if a descriptive term has been developed for this intermittent phase for us mature folks?

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Oh but thats half the fun

Quote Originally posted by savemattoon View post
    Is this the dating thread or the shopping thread?

Either way, I shouldn't be in here
    Isnt dating like shopping?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Rut row, Scoobie Do....put the credit card away, RJ. Can you say Victoria's Secret paaaaanties? On-line shopping is so easy...

I know, TMI....

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    Rut row, Scoobie Do....put the credit card away, RJ. Can you say Victoria's Secret paaaaanties? On-line shopping is so easy...

I know, TMI....
    TMI or TMV (too much vino)?

On a side note, the date from Valentines Day has become more of a friend than an SO. However, I had a fantastic "date" on Saturday with a great guy who is from the South but lives in Dirty Jerzey like me. We have plans for this weekend. 'nuff said
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jul 2006

Go on dating without personally meeting each other???? That's on-line shopping!!!

Registered
    Mar 2005

Well, I thought about being offended -- and I've downgraded that to giving him a look and rolling my eyes when he does it. But I'm wondering if I can't really be that bothered since he's not calling ME the wrong name; he's calling others by MY name. Is it ridiculously overanalytical to chalk it up to the fact that he's thinking about me a lot and be kindof flattered?
    How do I know you are who you think you are?

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Well, I thought about being offended -- and I've downgraded that to giving him a look and rolling my eyes when he does it. But I'm wondering if I can't really be that bothered since he's not calling ME the wrong name; he's calling others by MY name. Is it ridiculously overanalytical to chalk it up to the fact that he's thinking about me a lot and be kindof flattered?
    Oh i must have misread your post- i thought you said he was calling you other peoples names....

in that case i think i would be flattered too!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2005
    OR he thinks of you the same way he thinks of all these other people and you're all lumped in with them in his head?

Seriously, don't worry about it. I've almost called Mr. Tresmo our cat's name several times. That can't be good.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    So I quit going to the "club" type bars and started hanging out at a watering hole right near my house (yes, walking distance even in suburbia ) and met myself a very nice guy, lives near me, is even close to my age (I have a real problem attracting much younger men...they sure look cute but conversation sucks), never been married and has no kids (whhooohooo, a bit hypocritcal but one of my standards), we've been hangin out quite a bit...been sort of fun for the past month...although, dating neighbors may not be THE best idea, I'll have to find another watering hole if this doesn't work out!! (leave it to the alchy to worry more about where to drink than getting involved in a real relationship )

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra View post
    So I quit going to the "club" type bars and started hanging out at a watering hole right near my house (yes, walking distance even in suburbia ) and met myself a very nice guy, lives near me, is even close to my age (I have a real problem attracting much younger men...they sure look cute but conversation sucks), never been married and has no kids (whhooohooo, a bit hypocritcal but one of my standards), we've been hangin out quite a bit...been sort of fun for the past month...although, dating neighbors may not be THE best idea, I'll have to find another watering hole if this doesn't work out!! (leave it to the alchy to worry more about where to drink than getting involved in a real relationship )
    The 'no kids' standard is not hypocritical at all. I have enough on my plate dealing with my own child and I don't want to have to deal with someone else's children nor worry about the dynamic between the children of the two parties. Good luck with the new friend and if I were you I wouldn't worry about finding a new watering hole even if nothing pans out. I'd just ignore him if he happens to be there.

------------------------------------

So at my daughter's urging I am now posted on Match.com due to the minute dating pool of people my age in a college town. She says I need a friend to take me out. Seven responses which ran from the nice to the weird. Two dates-the first one was ok but kind of boring and no spark although the guy was nice; the second was a fabulous lunch with great conversation, many common interests, around same age range, divorced with no kids, gainfully employed, and well educated. Traded a few phone calls since so we will see.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    Admit it, who of you has Googled somebody of interest?
    Googling someone is sooo last month , now you can check them out on facebook - if they have a public profile. I did this with a guy I met recently and wow I learnt a lot! Too much, in fact!

Re yoga, it's super popular here in Vancouver too, as is wearing yoga gear as street wear. Every day you see hundreds of women walking round downtown in their uber-trendy lululemon athletica gear!

Registered
    Feb 2000
    What is the "dating" you speak of?
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

+ Reply to thread
Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. The Dating Rules thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 45
    Last post: 24 Apr 2013, 5:04 PM
  2. The NEVERENDING FML thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 44
    Last post: 21 Apr 2013, 9:40 PM
  3. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread