Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING Dating Thread

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    ...[snip]...Not that they're always right, but they do seem to have a pretty good overall track record.
    Hello? Did you miss a thread or four? We're idiots, can't see, ignore our noses, blind to what's happening in front of us, etc....although I told we aren't "clueless." We're just stupid, I guess.

Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    ... Oh, and maybe attend a laefest...
    Always attend a Laefest. It's a rite of passage; you'll earn the Red Badge of Courage.

Bare my soul on the first date? No, I guess not. But eventually, I'm going to open myself up again. And unfortunately, I come with baggage. I can keep it hidden most of the time, because it doesn't pertain to my day-to-day life... but how long can I keep quiet about my past abusive relationship, etc.?

I keep thinking, "what do I have to lose?" And there are a number of things that I would lose if things don't go well... but then, if things DO go well...

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Maybe not right away; but early. Then release and be honest.

I think you should take your chances. I did and I got damn lucky.

Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    I think you should take your chances. I did and I got damn lucky.
    Yeah, luck doesn't exactly smile on me. Meh.

I have this packet of papers that I need to give her. I'm contemplating sticking a little note in there with them, expressing exactly how I feel.

But I guess that's a little cheap, huh?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by SuperPenguin View post

I have this packet of papers that I need to give her. I'm contemplating sticking a little note in there with them, expressing exactly how I feel.....
    A note? Are you in farking 6th grade? Come on, you can do better than that.

Break the ice; drink a glass of wine and give her a call or send her an email....kinda what I did.

I'll need more than one glass of wine to make me brave enough to say what I want to say. <--- that looks about right.

A pictoral representation of what I want to do right now:

I am such a spineless coward. I had the chance to tell her today, and I only said half of what I wanted to say. I summoned up my courage again, got interrupted, summoned it up a third time, and then she lost her keys and went all spazzy and I figured that would be a REAL bad time...

I realized, though, that I just need to hit the gas and get out of there. I'm not going to tell her. I'm not sure of my feelings anymore, and I'm too scared to get into a relationship again. I see so many similiarities between her, and a relationship from many moons ago. I can't go down that road again. I just cannot do it. It hurt me too much. I can't open myself up to loving anyone again.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Met a real nice girl today, then just as I was about to ask her for her phone number, she mentioned her boyfriend. While flirting is fun, I wish there was a way to determine sooner if someone is involved. Trying to get up the courage is hard enogh, without worrying about the relationship status of the other person.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Quote Originally posted by donk View post
    Met a real nice girl today, then just as I was about to ask her for her phone number, she mentioned her boyfriend. While flirting is fun, I wish there was a way to determine sooner if someone is involved. Trying to get up the courage is hard enogh, without worrying about the relationship status of the other person.
    Agreed 1000000&#37;. People should have cards, listing their status, age, etc. It would save a lot of headache, especially since I'm such a bad judge of age. "Hmm, she could be anywhere from 32 to 14." D'oh.

Here, join me:

Registered
    Jun 2005
    This takes me back to the Hot Train Guy days... it it freakin annoying.

All the males in my life have let me down recently- im over it completely- no need to feel S$%thouse about yourself all the time.
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I met a nice guy last week. I suggested coffee and he countered with an offer for lunch at the Olive Garden. Lunch was three hours and a lot of fun even though I was pretty sick with a cold. He called during the week to check up on me and how I was feeling.

Yesterday I was feeling much much better so I called to see what he was up to thinking that he would like to join me and my daughter for dinner at a local spot which he would not let me pay for. He took us up on the offer, we all had a great dinner together and decided we all wanted to go to Barnes & Noble. So off we went, had coffee and dessert, listened to music, and shopped for books. 'Twas a nice night although I don't know if it was a date lol.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek View post
    ...[snip]...Yesterday I was feeling much much better so I called to see what he was up to thinking that he would like to join me and my daughter for dinner at a local spot .....[snip]....
    You called? You called? You want explain your twisted way of thinking to my friend?

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    You called? You called? You want explain your twisted way of thinking to my friend?
    I called because he left a message the night before. Besides what's wrong with a woman calling up a man?
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek View post
    ... Besides what's wrong with a woman calling up a man?
    In my mind, nothing whatsoever. But....some women.

Perhaps this is a topic for a new thread. Naw, let's not.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    In my mind, nothing whatsoever. But....some women.

Perhaps this is a topic for a new thread. Naw, let's not.
    Ahhhh.....well I guess one could never really accuse me of being shy. I think it's antiquated that the guy has to do all the asking, arranging, etc.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Hung out with the new guy Friday night and last night...just texted me a second ago to see how work was going for me this morning (knew I have a grant to get in the mail; thoughtful) ...I think he likes me
    Actually, I like him - nice, funny, calls enough but not too much, seems to like hanging out with me...it's nice havin someone around sometimes...not ready for full blown relationship, but hanging out is fun...

Registered
    Mar 2006
    People should have cards, listing their status, age, etc.
    I've thought for awhile that I should open up a nightclub, where everyone is issued wristbands that are color-coded to show if they are looking to meet people or not looking to meet people. Even if you are single, but in a mood where you don't feel like getting hassled, put on a "not-looking" wristband.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by cch View post
    I've thought for awhile that I should open up a nightclub, where everyone is issued wristbands that are color-coded to show if they are looking to meet people or not looking to meet people. Even if you are single, but in a mood where you don't feel like getting hassled, put on a "not-looking" wristband.
    I always liked a simple Claddagh ring.

The way that a Claddagh ring is worn on the hand is usually intended to convey the wearer's romantic availability, or lack thereof. Traditionally, if the ring is on the right hand with the heart facing outward and away from the body, this indicates that the person wearing the ring is not in any serious relationship, and may in fact be single and looking for a relationship: "their heart is open." When worn on the right hand but with the heart facing inward toward the body, this indicates the person wearing the ring is in a relationship, or that "someone has captured their heart". A Claddagh worn on the left hand ring finger, facing outward away from the body, generally indicates that the wearer is engaged. When the ring is on the left hand ring finger and facing inward toward the body, it generally means that the person wearing the ring is married.
    "So, if a city has a personality, maybe it also has a soul. Maybe it dreams." -Gaiman
    ArchBoston

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In my mind, nothing whatsoever. But....some women....
    And some men...!!

I actually got accused of being too 'agressive' recently because I had called more than once to suggest he come and hang out where my friends and I were going. He actually said that he's an old-fashioned guy who wants to be in the lead -- so we might be able to be friends instead. UGH!
    How do I know you are who you think you are?

Claddagh rings and "aggressive" women. Two options that would make my life easier. Takes the guesswork out of things.

Registered
    May 2007
    OK....u guys are SSSOOOOOOO lieing!! lol. JK. but serioulsy... Physical attraction is SSOOOO KEY for!! i cant do squat didly squat (romantically) with you if im not attrated physically to you.... i know im shallow!! lol. but seriously.. if physical attraction wasnt an issue than..... wait.. wait... because ive had some bad experiences lately:

im riding the bus to work (YEA BABY!!) and this chick gets on there with a gut past her waist, boobs past her gut, and a mouthpiece that could scare the wildest beast away!!... anyways, my point is that she wasnt attractive and she was DEFITNITELY not more attractive than me... but there was this semi-cutie behind me who PASSED.... (insert smilie representing complete shock and digust here!!)... ME, and went on to talk to her. she had a BF so he was turned down.

ok.. the fact that dude was on the bus didnt bother me, heck, i was on the bus. i didnt even want the guy to talk to me, but i just serioulsy took offense to his actions!!--

but back to my original post. lol. Physical attraction is a major part of what gets you interested in the first place. So i would say that physical attraction is a moveable piece. it starts as very necessary (me) and then can be moved down passed personality, etc..

OT rant: IM HOT, THE PERSON IM WITH HAS TO BE AS HOT OR CLOSE ENOUGH... at least!! lol. Im really not this shallow.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by dominimami305 View post
    OT rant: IM HOT, THE PERSON IM WITH HAS TO BE AS HOT OR CLOSE ENOUGH... at least!! lol. Im really not this shallow.
    Don't worry I do not look like my avatar.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

I look exactly like mine.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I look exactly like mine.
    The "Duck & Cover" Turtle?!

"There you go, Romeo..."
    "What do I say?"
    "Say something funny... something witty... lie if need be."
    "Lie?!"
    "Lying can be a very effective dating tool."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    May 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra View post
    Now if the guys could tell me this...meet a guy, they say they DON'T want a relationship...next thing you know they won't leave you alone...what is THAT?????
    AMEN!!! Wow... the ex was the same way. I told him to lets just be friends but he insisted on a relationship. Sooo, he got that and then a few months in started acting like he didnt want a relationship!! I asked him if he wanted out and he said no!!!

You know. I really blame myself for this because 1. i really didnt want a relationship and went into it just because... 2. i knew the baggage he had with him, but went on the "changed from before" lie... 3. I should have ended it in the beginning when things changed instead of waiting for.. nothing.

But that just goes back to my previous post. MEN DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WANT... n when they THINK they do, and get it, they dont know how to handle it. Is like they are so shocked to have it!! lol.

Any who... that was my rant for the morning... More SOON to come!!

LOL!! I sort of look like mine.... I dont wear braids like that.
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 03 Jul 2007 at 10:53 AM. Reason: double reply

+ Reply to thread
Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. The Dating Rules thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 45
    Last post: 24 Apr 2013, 5:04 PM
  2. The NEVERENDING FML thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 44
    Last post: 21 Apr 2013, 9:40 PM