Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast
Results 626 to 650 of 1612

Thread: The NEVERENDING Dating Thread

  1. #626
    Cyburbian natski's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In my own little bubble
    Posts
    2,564
    Well after last weeks cancelled dinner datey thing, i got a late phone call to see if i was free to catch up last night.

    Found out that indeed he was extremely busy with work, so i feel a bit bad being all uptight about it- meh oh well.

    Things went well last night- see if i get another call....
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

  2. #627
    Cyburbian Planning Fool's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Northern, VA
    Posts
    242
    Okay ladies, here's a question for you. I know many women hate when men gawk at them at the gym, but what are some of the clear, dead giveaway signs that y'all give out to let a guy at the gym know he can approach?
    Prediction is difficult, especially about the future. :-o
    - Yogi Berra

  3. #628
    Super Moderator kjel's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wishing I were in Asia somewhere!
    Posts
    10,131
    Blog entries
    5
    Quote Originally posted by Planning Fool View post
    Okay ladies, here's a question for you. I know many women hate when men gawk at them at the gym, but what are some of the clear, dead giveaway signs that y'all give out to let a guy at the gym know he can approach?
    I don't go to the gym
    But if I would have to hazard a guess it would be an exchange of glances, eye contact, and smiles.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

  4. #629
    Cyburbian dandy_warhol's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Location
    meh.
    Posts
    8,340
    Quote Originally posted by Planning Fool View post
    Okay ladies, here's a question for you. I know many women hate when men gawk at them at the gym, but what are some of the clear, dead giveaway signs that y'all give out to let a guy at the gym know he can approach?
    i flash my boobs.

    i'd say a clear sign would be if she approaches you. i'll also second the smiles and eye contact.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

  5. #630
    Cyburbian Planning Fool's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Northern, VA
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    i flash my boobs.

    i'd say a clear sign would be if she approaches you. i'll also second the smiles and eye contact.
    Too bad you don't go to my gym!
    Well, I have had one woman approach me at the gym, but I think most women are not comfortable doing that. I have a hard time reading the signs sometime. I never know if a smile means hello, or HELLLLLLLLLO!
    Prediction is difficult, especially about the future. :-o
    - Yogi Berra

  6. #631
    Cyburbia Administrator Dan's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 1996
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    14,672
    Blog entries
    3
    Moderator note:
    Changed the thread title from The Dating Thread to The NEVERENDING Dating Thread.

  7. #632
    Cyburbian dominimami305's avatar
    Registered
    May 2007
    Location
    balt. md
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Moderator note:
    Changed the thread title from The Dating Thread to The NEVERENDING Dating Thread.
    FUNNY! And very appropiate. LMAO!
    "Good judgment comes from experience. And where does experience come from? Experience comes from bad judgment.------Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)"

  8. #633
    Cyburbian donk's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2001
    Location
    skating on thin ice
    Posts
    6,959
    I feel really sick right now.

    I took a risk, asked a question, and got an answer I did not expect and definitely did not want to hear.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

  9. #634
    Cyburbian btrage's avatar
    Registered
    May 2005
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    6,420
    Quote Originally posted by donk View post
    I feel really sick right now.

    I took a risk, asked a question, and got an answer I did not expect and definitely did not want to hear.
    It's better to know the answer now than later. And you're a bigger person than most for having the guts to actually ask.

  10. #635
    Cyburbian donk's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2001
    Location
    skating on thin ice
    Posts
    6,959
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    It's better to know the answer now than later. And you're a bigger person than most for having the guts to actually ask.
    Not really, I already knew the answer and this just confirms what I am a fool.

    Sorry TP, it is the stupid "secret" and other advice I've been given recently.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

  11. #636
    Super Moderator kjel's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wishing I were in Asia somewhere!
    Posts
    10,131
    Blog entries
    5
    Quote Originally posted by donk View post
    I feel really sick right now.

    I took a risk, asked a question, and got an answer I did not expect and definitely did not want to hear.
    At least you know. I know it doesn't make it any easier to swallow. Don't beat yourself up about it. Drink a barley pop.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

  12. #637
    Cyburbian donk's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2001
    Location
    skating on thin ice
    Posts
    6,959
    Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek View post
    At least you know. I know it doesn't make it any easier to swallow. Don't beat yourself up about it. Drink a barley pop.
    My stomach is too upset to drink, even though it should not be.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

  13. #638
         
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,519
    I think I am getting ready to be done with this guy. I really dont think I am ready to meet/be with anyone for real....I am screwed up in the head for sure....

  14. #639
    Cyburbian btrage's avatar
    Registered
    May 2005
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    6,420
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra View post
    I think I am getting ready to be done with this guy. I really dont think I am ready to meet/be with anyone for real....I am screwed up in the head for sure....
    I'm sure starting a new job further from home and that requires you to travel probably would put a strain on any somewhat new relationship...

  15. #640
         
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,519
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    I'm sure starting a new job further from home and that requires you to travel probably would put a strain on any somewhat new relationship...
    your probably right and the grief I got while I was gone for a WHOLE 2 days didn't help either. he lives a very simple life (NOTHING wrong with that) but he cannot fathom a single mom, new job and traveling and how on earth is she gonna find time for me....well guess what, I'm not....the new job and travel is enouh excitement for me right now and is keeping me plenty busy...he is a nice guy, very nice but I want someone who is proud of what I do, not threatened or wanting more, or thinking I need to "slow down"...movin right along.....

  16. #641
    Super Moderator kjel's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wishing I were in Asia somewhere!
    Posts
    10,131
    Blog entries
    5
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra View post
    your probably right and the grief I got while I was gone for a WHOLE 2 days didn't help either. he lives a very simple life (NOTHING wrong with that) but he cannot fathom a single mom, new job and traveling and how on earth is she gonna find time for me....well guess what, I'm not....the new job and travel is enouh excitement for me right now and is keeping me plenty busy...he is a nice guy, very nice but I want someone who is proud of what I do, not threatened or wanting more, or thinking I need to "slow down"...movin right along.....
    Walk away. You need someone that isn't so damn needy and selfish. Sounds like he wants a mother more than an SO. You have two kids, you don't need another one-especially of the grown variety. I said that to someone once, they left me alone after that
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

  17. #642
    Cyburbian btrage's avatar
    Registered
    May 2005
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    6,420
    Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek View post
    Walk away. You need someone that isn't so damn needy and selfish. Sounds like he wants a mother more than an SO.
    I concur (although I wasn't going to put it that harshly )

  18. #643
         
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,519
    Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek View post
    Walk away. You need someone that isn't so damn needy and selfish. Sounds like he wants a mother more than an SO. You have two kids, you don't need another one-especially of the grown variety. I said that to someone once, they left me alone after that
    I agree, its the conclusion I came to after a bazillion text the first night I was in L.A. I don't have the time or energy for someone else to suck out of me. The guy has been so normal up until this, totally and completely freaked on me the first time I had to leave town for the new job...not waiting around to see what happens next time.

  19. #644
    Cyburbian donk's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2001
    Location
    skating on thin ice
    Posts
    6,959
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra View post
    I think I am getting ready to be done with this guy. I really dont think I am ready to meet/be with anyone for real....I am screwed up in the head for sure....
    The offer to meet on the roof of a scenic wal~mart in the mid west still stands.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

  20. #645
         
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,519
    Quote Originally posted by donk View post
    The offer to meet on the roof of a scenic wal~mart in the mid west still stands.
    I am going to have to tell ya, the Wal Mart in Rosemead, CA is the one I would want to meet at...its a pretty nice structure for being a Wal Mart!!!

  21. #646
    Cyburbian JNL's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Wellington, NZ
    Posts
    2,447
    Jaxspra - I agree, that guy's behaviour sounds way OTT.. best to move right along!

    donk - sorry to hear about your unhappy outcome. Hope you feel better soon

    My friend and I were walking along the street during lunchtime in downtown Vancouver last week, when we were stopped by "talent scouts" for a dating agency. For a laugh we put our names down for a "competition" to win a date, and they called each of us a couple of hours later to tell us we'd "won"! Why bother calling it a competition? Anyway we went into the agency and filled in some forms and now they're going to match us up with a couple of their clients, and send us on dates! It's not something I would have sought out, but why not... no matter what the outcome, it'll make a good story!!

    Apparently, B.C. women have a reputation for being unfriendly/unapproachable, so the agency has a lot of men on their books looking for alternative ways to meet women...

    It's been a while since I've been on a date

  22. #647
    Cyburbian natski's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In my own little bubble
    Posts
    2,564

    warning- one very angry female

    Ok so the guy i had been kinda seeing sends me a msg tonight asking if i want to catch up, i was cooking dinner so i said i would come out after. He tells me to txt him when i am going to leave.
    So i text him and tell him im leaving my house and he returns one saying that he will be an hour- i live 10 mins from this bloke. Anyway i polietly let him know im nearly at his house and he replied back that he wouldnt be there cause he is having dinner at a mates place and we would have to catch up another time.

    I was pretty much spewing at this stage and told him that what he just did was not cool. So he replied back saying that it was my fault as i should have let him know earlier what time i would be around.

    No i wont be dating this guy again....
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

  23. #648
    Super Moderator kjel's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wishing I were in Asia somewhere!
    Posts
    10,131
    Blog entries
    5
    Quote Originally posted by natski View post
    Ok so the guy i had been kinda seeing sends me a msg tonight asking if i want to catch up, i was cooking dinner so i said i would come out after. He tells me to txt him when i am going to leave.
    So i text him and tell him im leaving my house and he returns one saying that he will be an hour- i live 10 mins from this bloke. Anyway i polietly let him know im nearly at his house and he replied back that he wouldnt be there cause he is having dinner at a mates place and we would have to catch up another time.

    I was pretty much spewing at this stage and told him that what he just did was not cool. So he replied back saying that it was my fault as i should have let him know earlier what time i would be around.

    No i wont be dating this guy again....
    Good choice. He lacks an important quality......being considerate of other people's time. Have fun in Europe
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

  24. #649
    Cyburbian RandomPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dibs on the Northeast
    Posts
    685
    So, the guy I've been 'connecting' with came home from vaca with presents for me -- good sign -- but still hasn't showed any affection -- bad sign. I'm so confused! [And thanks to Dan for assuming that our dating mishaps and ridiculousness will be neverending!]
    How do I know you are who you think you are?

  25. #650
    Cyburbian zman's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    9,036
    Blog entries
    2
    Quote Originally posted by JNL View post
    Apparently, B.C. women have a reputation for being unfriendly/unapproachable, so the agency has a lot of men on their books looking for alternative ways to meet women...

    No Doubt! When I was a single party animal I went to Vancouver for a week with my best drinking buddy. The only girls we met and hung out with were students in Seattle coming up to take advantage of the lowered drinking age...
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

    You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

+ Reply to thread
Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

  1. The Dating Rules thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 45
    Last post: 24 Apr 2013, 4:04 PM
  2. The NEVERENDING FML thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 44
    Last post: 21 Apr 2013, 8:40 PM
  3. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 21
    Last post: 24 Oct 2012, 1:33 PM
  4. The NEVERENDING getting old thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 115
    Last post: 18 Nov 2009, 8:19 PM
  5. Another dating thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 69
    Last post: 24 Feb 2004, 2:45 PM