Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Supplemental questions

Registered
    Jul 2003

Supplemental questions

What specifically interests you about working as a Planner for the City of ***** and what do you consider to be the most significant planning issues for *****?
    For the first question, the truth might be: 1) It came to me in a dream. (ie intuition at work) 2) I want to work in X region and you happen to have a job opening I think I can qualify for and, at the moment, no one else does.

Obviously, not the best answers. How have you /would you answer such questions?

For the second question, I am tempted to say something very general that I think is defensible. I am wondering how others might research for a question like that.

(I was tempted to title this "The NEVERENDING Supplemental Questions Thread" but thought that might not go over too well with admin. )

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Michele Zone
    For the first question, the truth might be: 1) It came to me in a dream. (ie intuition at work) 2) I want to work in X region and you happen to have a job opening I think I can qualify for and, at the moment, no one else does.

)[/SIZE]
    I actually don't see why those are bad answers. They are certainly more interesting and would make you stand out as a candidate more than the rest of the people who come up with some lame statement about working to improve/maintain the quality of life or whatnot.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 291
    Last post: 01 Aug 2011, 9:17 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 11 Aug 2006, 12:26 PM
  3. Questions about CAD
    Information Technology
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 22 Sep 2004, 11:41 AM