Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Guess the City #288 Mexico Edition

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2006

Guess the City #288 Mexico Edition

I thought it will be fun to guess a city in Mexico, hope you all can try it.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    by the bowlshaped appearance of the topography I'd guess Mexico City, but it don't seem as dense as I would picture it.
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Monterrey?
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2006
    Monterrey is definitely right. Good Job! Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico the capital of industry in Mexico. Monterrey is the 3rd biggest city in Mexico, but its metropolitan area is the 2nd biggest.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    argghhh I was thinking moterrey, but I had no idea it was in the mountains!!! I need to get my gringo buttocks south of the border!
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Mar 2004
    I was also going to say Monterrey.

Just think of how busy I-35 would be if the border checkpoints in the Loredo area weren't there, with all of the traffic between Monterrey and San Antonio (and points beyond). Loredo is almost exactly halfway between Monterrey and San Antonio.

It gets VERY INTERESTING very quickly when one starts pondering the geography of what is beyond the border checkpoints (and if I could take easy screenshots of some of those high-res Google maps images, you'ld NEVER guess some of the air photos from Mexico).

Mike

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 13
    Last post: 05 Jun 2006, 2:01 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last post: 01 Aug 2005, 3:40 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last post: 16 Apr 2005, 1:08 AM
  4. Replies: 27
    Last post: 12 Apr 2005, 3:03 PM
  5. Replies: 35