Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: University of Kansas

     
    Registered
    Jan 2006

University of Kansas

Hello-

I am wrapping up a BA in Environmental Studies at UMKC (also have a BS in History) and am looking towards grad school in 2007. Right now I am considering KU, partially because i've always wanted to go there, mainly because I have a profound interest in urban planning. I'm also comfortable with the KC and Lawrence region (originally from St. Louis). Does anybody on here have any experience or thoughts (good or bad) with/on the program at KU?

any thoughts would be appreciated!

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally posted by SuburbanNation
    Does anybody on here have any experience or thoughts (good or bad) with/on the program at KU?
    I got my MRCP from K-State, so I don't have any direct knowledge of KU's program, although I believe it to focus on urban enviroment, design and environmental planning as opposed to K-State's lean towards small town and rural planning.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

     
    Registered
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie
    I got my MRCP from K-State, so I don't have any direct knowledge of KU's program, although I believe it to focus on urban enviroment, design and environmental planning as opposed to K-State's lean towards small town and rural planning.
    People I have spoken with have also referred to K-State around here - probably stemming from UMKCs cooperation with the K-State architecture program.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 5
    Last post: 27 Sep 2013, 3:54 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last post: 27 May 2012, 4:18 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 06 Aug 2009, 2:26 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last post: 08 Mar 2007, 2:38 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last post: 06 Jan 2003, 11:38 AM