Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Any criminal justice majors?

     
    Registered
    Apr 2006

Any criminal justice majors?

I was wondering if there are any criminal justice majors here. I graduate from high school this year and will be attending a community college to get my associate's degree in criminal justice and take an academy to become a cop.

Registered
    Apr 2006

My husband is cop, had that certificate

Quote Originally posted by ZachariahDaMan
    I was wondering if there are any criminal justice majors here. I graduate from high school this year and will be attending a community college to get my associate's degree in criminal justice and take an academy to become a cop.
    Hi,

My husband went that route. His 4 yr degree was in Sociology, and he got cj certificate. Be prepared to move fairly often and work a lot at night, because the new people get the crappy schedules. He ended up at night for 8 yrs. Other than that I think it is a pretty good job. Your eyesight should be in fairly good shape to shoot, and you also need to like driving & be a great driver. You will always be promoted more often & given better assignments with a 4 year degree so that part is 1,000% worth it despite what people may tell you. Doesnt' really matter so much what degree is in but it should be loosely public admin-related I think. Hope that helps you. Also, you will do tons of report-writing and it seems stupid but if you are a coherent writer & speller it can only help make you look good, so if not take some writing courses.

Good luck!

     
    Registered
    Apr 2006
    Thanks a ton for the info. I appreciate it.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. What non-planning majors should know
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 31 May 2010, 8:53 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last post: 13 Jan 2009, 9:51 AM
  3. Majors
    Student Commons
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 20 Aug 2008, 11:52 PM